Has anyone done business with 'Impact Guns' before?

This is a discussion on Has anyone done business with 'Impact Guns' before? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm looking for pricing info on a Steyr/Mannlicher 'Scout' and the 'Scout Tactical Elite'. Per the advisory from the Steyr website I called this morning ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone done business with 'Impact Guns' before?

Has anyone done business with 'Impact Guns' before?

I'm looking for pricing info on a Steyr/Mannlicher 'Scout' and the 'Scout Tactical Elite'.

Per the advisory from the Steyr website I called this morning the two largest local to me shops and frankly the responses I received from both made it seem to me like they are not interested in making a buck. Sad.

So I went to the internet and came across; Steyr at Impact Guns Home

The prices look to be pretty good but I'm wondering are these people for real and of any regard?

Buyer experiences and feedback is appreciated.
    Further suggestions toward some other dealer of high regard is also appreciated.

Thanks,

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Not Impact Arms but I have use Gallery of Guns before.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I have tried two orders from them, both times was on backorder, kept getting updates that supply would be coming in.

Never came in and both orders ending in cancels due to no inventory.

Just my experience with them, one was a holster the other was Galco holster lube, and ankle strap.

Waited over 4 weeks for both got nuttin.

I've never used them, but I've heard many stories about items not being in stock, not shipping on time, and just plain bad customer service.

I've never dealt with them in any online transactions but I've been in their building and bought things, and use their range. They're definitely a reputable place, but again, never done any online dealings so I can't comment on that.

I've never purchased a firearm from them, but have purchased a few small items (mags, extenders, etc.) and have always received my order in a timely manner. The items I have ordered have always shown in stock at the time of my order. If they show the item you want in stock, I'd call and confirm before placing an order.

Hoss

(looking at their website, I don't see any of the Scout models listed in stock.)
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

I shoot at their retail/indoor range location in Boise. I've never done business w/ them online, but just wanted to establish that they are a legit store at least.

I'd call and talk to them in person though about what your looking for so they can give you a better idea of what's in stock and how long it would take to get something in.

I ended up buying my gun somewhere else (got a slightly better deal elsewhere), but I'd have no problem buying a gun from them. I probably toss them $50 a week just in ammo and range time.
    Glock 19

Purchased a Kel-tec Sub2000 from them a while back. I had been on back order at a local store for a month when I saw Impact had gotten them back in stock. Canceled the local order & placed one with Impact. The order got held up a couple of days due to a holiday weekend & them having a lot of pre-holiday transactions, but it finally did get shipped the following week.

In the end, I got what I ordered at what I considered a good price. So, other than a short delay in getting the order shipped, things went fine. Since that order, I have ordered a few other small items (magazines, etc.) & everything has shipped quickly and properly.

Nick

I ordered a shotgun from them, it took three weeks for them to explain why they did not send it. In the mean time I found one through a local sporting goods store, at a lower price.
    Terrible customer relations.
    I will not deal with them any time soon.

I will not order from them again. It was just magazines. I waited and waited. No word from them. After weeks, I called and they sent them right away. It felt to me that they lost the order. I don't think they have as much in stock as their website seems to indicate.

Like others have said, I've heard many bad stories about Impact Guns having delayed shipments due to "Out of Stock". Give CDNN a call. They bought a hugh amount of Steyr Inventory and are selling at liquidation prices.

CDNN - 1-800-588-9500.

Good Luck!
    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.--SHOOTER

I got my Sig P225/P6 from them and it arrived promptly.

Cap'n,

Thank you for the referral.

I spoke with a gent there, 'Cody', and he stated they are out of Scouts in specific and doesn't know when of if they will resupply.
    He took my contact info though and will add me to hi stickler file if by chance some change in their stocking occurs.

I planned to call Impact and not use the web interface as this is a very obscure product.
    But before doing so I was hoping to get feedback toward how their business practices are. Thus far it's not looking good although to a limited degree.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Administrator
    Hey Jang, Its been my experience that Impact likes to sell guns they don't have, then they try to get you one after they sold it to you. In the case of a somewhat rare item, that means you are going to be waiting a while without your money.

Assuming you have tried all the normal sources, I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if I find one during my expeditions.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    With them being semi-local to me, I know several people that shop there, satisfied. I can't speak of their internet or phone orders, though.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links