The SIG 226 and P12.45 sagas! - Page 3

The SIG 226 and P12.45 sagas!

This is a discussion on The SIG 226 and P12.45 sagas! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ahhhhhhhhhhh ....now.. thinking here. Maybe we can schedule a meeting of many of the Forum members, next time the Knob Creek shoot comes around...Something to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The SIG 226 and P12.45 sagas!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh ....now.. thinking here. Maybe we can schedule a meeting of many of the Forum members, next time the Knob Creek shoot comes around...Something to consider, as we spoke about the possibility of a annual get-together of Forumites..
    I know that some of the other forums meet annually, and might be food for thought among our Forum too. Maybe a new Thread may be in order for voting?

Assistant Administrator
    Guess we could ''feel it out'' Bob and see - but of course, distance factors are very major for many.

The idea itself - I like one whole lot - the implementation tho - not so easy.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

<waving it at you> I have a nice Para P-12 Alloy for you Chris.........looks more like 99% finish.......maybe if you buy it, they'll propergate into little Warthogs... LOL
    88934 PARA ORDNANCE P12 HANDGUN: PISTOL 45 ACP $565.00 ,ALLOY FRAME 95%

Assistant Administrator
    hehe - yeah well - temptation comes again eh!

Now mine is running good Bob - I'll stick to that - plus it is the stainless which I do prefer over an allow frame version. Not sure tho if they bred which ''genes'' would dominate - cos I'd want more stainless ya see!!

Nice try
    Chris - P95

Curious question about the grease. How long do you think the grease would stay good if the weapon was not shot but just carried as a cocealed weapon and keeping in mind that the weapon may be getting warm from the body and then cool when taking out for the night and the cycle repeated for days,weeks ,or months ? I'm wondering if the grease may start to dry after a while and create a terrible situation if needed. Just curious.

Assistant Administrator
    KS - well I have not put that to the test tho I would fully expect grease on a clean gun and carried unfired would present no prob' if needed - added to which I knew +P was OK. Just that std pressure stuff was playing up with a semi dirty gun.

I am tho happier now just keeping Militec1 as my slide lube and the gun runs 101% - plus I have no probs doing a slightly more frequent clean and lube. You would have been amazed at just how much slide drag I had when the grease got polluted!!!

I think tho this is very much specific to the stainless running on stainless - my 228 or 220 would not I feel have that same degree of trouble.
    Chris - P95

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Well I use moly grease on my CZ clone, so tight that it needs lubing, even after 200 rds I don’t have a problem with it. Using grease on boats and trucks left outside, I suspect that a thin film will form in a few months, but would still be in place, areas not exposed to sunlight or air would see no degradation in grease (if left unused)

My Sig ST rails were dry when I got the gun, used some white lithium grease dabbed on by a brush to lub it, will see how it works this weekend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links