Thoughts on a 22 conversion kit...

This is a discussion on Thoughts on a 22 conversion kit... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a Glock 27, and I thought about a 22LR conversion kit from AA. I would like this to allow the GF to learn ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on a 22 conversion kit...

I have a Glock 27, and I thought about a 22LR conversion kit from AA. I would like this to allow the GF to learn with in reference to shooting. Would you interchange the parts(Kit), or get a separate smaller pistol, like a 22? She likes the feel of the G27, and I noticed ammo is dirt cheap on the 22 side also!! Thanks for the input.
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

I have a S&W 22A pistol they can be had for around 220.00 and they shoot great
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I do not believe that the Advantage Arms conversion kits fit the 27. Either the full sized or compact models only.

I have one. It works great and really cuts down on the cost.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Hmm, Have to look into that. I saw on there site a choice/ part number for the 26, 27... It's $249 also..
    Glock Conversion Kits - 9mm to .22 LR

Aside from the GF, I would like something to cut down cost. 40 ammo isn't the most, but it can get pricey fairly quickly though.

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rex03 View Post
    Hmm, Have to look into that. I saw on there site a choice/ part number for the 26, 27... It's $249 also..
    Glock Conversion Kits - 9mm to .22 LR
    It has been a while since I frequented their site. The 26/27 and other models are fairly new.

But dang you. Now I have to buy one. I have both a 26 and 27 as well as the 19 and 23. My kit is for the 19/23.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Glad I could help.. N.P.

Heres my opinion if you can buy a conversion kit for your gun in 22 I say go for it even tho you don't get the same recoil you do get the same trigger pull and can work on shooting technique while saving lots of money and the kit will pay for itself over time
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Thanks

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Rumor is Glock is coming out with their own kit next year.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Really? That's interesting to hear... Hmm

I've also heard rumours that glock was going to come out with a carbine. That rumour has been going on for 10+ years by now. I'll believe it when I see it. Same thing with the .22 conversion kit. I'll believe it when i see it.

My brother has the AA kit for the 19/23 and likes it. it is really fun to shoot.

When I was looking at getting an AA kit for my G19 here were my thinking points:

1. Conversion uses same platform as carry gun, so more time spent behind my carry gun.

2. I could use the same holters with my .22 kit for plinking, hunting, etc.

I got a good deal on an AA kit so I went for it. Afterward I learned:

1. Your gun gets filthy. You know how dirty .22 ammo is. Now all that stuff gets in my carry gun. Problem? Probably not, but something to think about.

2. Most leather holsters will work with the AA kit, but the fit is different and none of my kydex holsters work with the conversion on the gun.

I'm considering bucking up and buying a Ruger 22/45, but I'm still not sure. Lots of stuff I "need" before that. Good luck to you.

I ordered the AA kit last week. Mostly because I feel like I need more range experience and it should pay for itself in a year. I like the idea of shooting with my carry gun. If its indeed too dirty, maybe I get a second Glock 27. One for training with .22 and one as carry. I just like the idea to use the same gun on the range as I do to carry. I got not enough range time as is and "spreading it" among different guns will make it even less effective.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Definitely true points I need to take into consideration. I didn't realize that the gun would get any dirtier than it already does.. I'll look for the best deal, and go from there. Thanks to all.

a buddy of mine got an AA kit a few months ago. Since then, we've put several thousand rounds through it with no problems to speak of.

I definately think these kits are the way to go as far as cheap practice with a carry gun is concerned.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links