What would you replace first?

This is a discussion on What would you replace first? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had this really weird dream last night. I was outside my home in the middle of the night when this white cloud just descended ...

Thread: What would you replace first?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

I had this really weird dream last night. I was outside my home in the middle of the night when this white cloud just descended upon my house. A few minutes later, everything was gone. Wasn't a fire, or aliens, just everything was gone. All I had left was an empty lot with the plumbing sticking out of the ground.

Which got me to thinking. Say something devastating happened and you lost everything. Family and pets were fine, but all your possessions including your house, car, firearms, etc. were gone. All you had left were the clothes you were wearing. (The firearm you normally carry is also gone.) Let's say the insurance company was just going to give you a fair lump sum check to rebuild your house and replace everything. You would still need a place to live until you either rebuilt your house or found another, so they gave you money for rent/hotel costs.

What would you do? What would you replace first? You are going to be sort of homeless for a while, so take that into consideration.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Been there,done that. Lost everything to a fire.
    First was something to wear,only thing I saved was a pair of Cargo Shorts. Even didn't have shoes.
    Next was eyeglasses( needed to see)
    Next was a pistol as I slept in the Garage to look after things around the place.( wife went her mothers)
    Next was a camper to live in as I rebuilt.

Gots to have wheels!

First of all you shouldn't eat spicy food just before bed.

Second, I think I would have to buy some clothes and then some place to stay until the casa is rebuilt, and on the way to that safe place to stay I'd stop by Academy Sports and get a pistol and some beef jerky.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I'd try to tackle things on the same day,at least enough to get me through that night until I can get into more stuff.

Firearm and place to stay until housing is rebuilt seem to be my ultimate priority. Firearm for protection (I mean if clouds are out taking homes and cars, I definitely need some protection!)

Basic Survival

Shelter
    Water
    Food
    Everything else
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    First of all you shouldn't eat spicy food just before bed.
    +1! That might make you
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Keep extra guns elsewhere already. I'd have to get another computer/connection so I could get back on, hah.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Keep extra guns elsewhere already. I'd have to get another computer/connection so I could get back on, hah.
    That's a good point... what about the 8' deep obamabunker I'm building... did I lose that too?
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had this really weird dream last night. I was outside my home in the middle of the night when this white cloud just descended upon my house. A few minutes later, everything was gone. Wasn't a fire, or aliens, just everything was gone. All I had left was an empty lot with the plumbing sticking out of the ground.
    Those are called tornadoes
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post

Very first thing would be a toothbrush and a bottle of Excederin headache.

Basic needs always come first, I'd be OK in the gun dept., a few of mine are stored at the office, unless I take 'em home for some reason.
    I'd have to get my kids things first, like clothes toys etc., that would be harder on them than me or my wife I think.
    Second would be coming up with some sort of temporary housing, depending on the time of year, the family could stay at our cabin, but I would have to continue to work, so I'd borrow or buy a camper I suppose. A lot of little thing would have to be replaced quickly as well, such as toiletries dishes etc.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Hey. It was my dream and it was not a tornado. It sort of descended gently on the house and ate it like a horde of locust, but I didn't think it was relevant to the thread. But if you really need to know the details.

Would you like to hear the dream about....oh never mind. This is a family forum.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Links