Sitting in Albany (NY) Airport - Gun in Car

This is a discussion on Sitting in Albany (NY) Airport - Gun in Car within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is just a rumination, nothing more. I am waiting to meet a family member in the waiting area and brought my laptop to pass ...

Thread: Sitting in Albany (NY) Airport - Gun in Car

Sitting in Albany (NY) Airport - Gun in Car

This is just a rumination, nothing more. I am waiting to meet a family member in the waiting area and brought my laptop to pass the time.

Had to leave my firearm in the car. There is a sign at the terminal entrance, that no firearms are allowed, even in the so-called non-secure areas.

Seems to me, that this violates my right to carry, which in NY is hard enough to do anyway.

Was wondering if any of you have the same situation at your local regional airports.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

Most airports fall under FEDERAL laws and rules so state CCW laws aren't worth anything. Sure, the cops may be local city, airport or county police but the prosecution can come from the feds in a heartbeat. Leaving the gun in the car was a good idea. A good use of the gray matter between your ears.
    Imagine that you're an enemy soldier and you are surrounded by U.S. Army paratroopers on one side and American marines on the other side... Talk about a hopeless situation... That has got to be legal grounds for suicide!

Actually...unsecured areas of the airports fall under the local/state airport authority...which is why VA has a prohibition regarding carry in unsecured areas of the airport. If there was no prohibition, I would carry there.

Look at the mess down in Atlanta...state prohibits localities from imposing more restrictive laws/ordinances on the carrying of a firearm, yet the Atlanta mayor decreed the area a "gun-free zone"--no one on the federal side could give two hoots...until you go through the security screening with TSA.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

As of last year it was ok to CCW in unsecured areas at Albany..at least that's what I was told via email from them.I did print it out and bring it w/ me just in case though.I was there a few weeks ago,and didn't notice any sign.But I didn't go into the airport anyway.One of the big problems seems to be that you get different answers depending on who you talk to.
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

Links