Boo Hoo...Glocks don't fit my hands.

This is a discussion on Boo Hoo...Glocks don't fit my hands. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; tell that to this 11-year-old, 80 lb. girl who went through Tactical Response's Fighting Pistol class in Vegas several months ago. YouTube - McKenzie - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boo Hoo...Glocks don't fit my hands.

Boo Hoo...Glocks don't fit my hands.

tell that to this 11-year-old, 80 lb. girl who went through Tactical Response's Fighting Pistol class in Vegas several months ago.

YouTube - McKenzie - 11yo Girl at Shooting Range #2 of #3

YouTube - McKenzie - 11yo Girl at Shooting Range #1 of #3

and one from later in the day, or perhaps the next day (notice how much smoother her tap-rack, and reloads are and how much better she's controlling the recoil.)

YouTube - McKenzie - 11yo Girl at Shooting Range #3 of #3
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    LOL, I always thought it was a bit silly to cry about a certain gun not "fitting" your hand. Adapt and overcome... flame on!

Also, that girl really needs to stop ending the drills Cagney and Lacey style... it will get her hurt some day. Otherwise, its really neat to see such a youngin on the range.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    How is she getting so many stopages? Are these planned or is she limp wristing?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

In that class, you're required to load at least one dummy-round in each magazine.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Also, that girl really needs to stop ending the drills Cagney and Lacey style... it will get her hurt some day.
    Evidently, that school teaches that way. This is from one of the youtube comments for video #1:

The reason Tactical Response gives for not teaching the low-ready while scanning is that, according to extensive research, when the gun/hands point down the head/eyes tend to point down. Always keep your head up!

I'll admit that I was a little reluctant to do the muzzle-high Stanford Scan the first time at Tactical Response, but once you do it a few hundred times you realize that it is both effective and safe.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Administrator
    They shouldn't be teaching low ready either. The threat isn't going to be coming out of the ground or from the sky... Tuck that bad boy in, but keep it pointed down range. That way your safe, proper weapon retention is maintained, the pistol is still in play and you can do what ever it is that needs doing. When in combat, there is no "low ready" and the ole Cagney and Lacey is for 80's T.V. shows.
    I can strip that pistol from anyone in the Cagney and Lacey stance, most people could too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Because the pistol doesn't fit her.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Here's my neighbor's 13 yo with his G22 duty weapon.....
    YouTube - Sharpshooter 13yr old Girl # 5 Between the Eyes

and here she is with daddy's 9mm colt carbine, SRT issue.....
    YouTube - Sharpshooter 13yr old Girl- the Sub Machine Gun!!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    They shouldn't be teaching low ready either. The threat isn't going to be coming out of the ground or from the sky... Tuck that bad boy in, but keep it pointed down range. That way your safe, proper weapon retention is maintained, the pistol is still in play and you can do what ever it is that needs doing. When in combat, there is no "low ready" and the ole Cagney and Lacey is for 80's T.V. shows.
    I can strip that pistol from anyone in the Cagney and Lacey stance, most people could too.
    Agreed!
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

rethinking my choices for my niece's first trip to range - I'm going to take a broader range of ammo / pistols with me - love those videos!

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    It's the grip angle, guys. Everyone knows that a pistol is pretty much worthless unless it has the same grip angle as a 1911
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Little Miss McKenzi did a great job though all three ranges.....I also just realized she did better than most of the sailors I see at our range during quals.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

I just found this over at Georgia packing.org, here's Miss McKenzi with an AR-15........
    Videos and Photos of Army Special Ops, Navy SEALs, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard in Action - Shock and Awe - Military.com

She's good

Never did like the fit of a mini-Glock in my hand. It takes both, to control it reasonably. The G19 fits reasonably well, though the circumference of the grip is simply too big. Funny, but my CZ P-01 is nearly as large, but it grips exceedingly well, in the hand. (Would do so even better with checkering on the front strap, instead of the silly vertical grooves CZ puts in there.) By comparison, the Kahr K9 is a dream, fit-wise. Unsurprising she's commenting on the size. And I'm sure she wouldn't be grousing if needing to manage a defensive situation. None here would, either.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Besides the fundamental nature of eyes-muzzle-target of the gun up scan, if you're going to teach and practice a 360 scan on a crowded range, low ready is going to sweep someone's legs/feet eventually.

I can tell you though, if I were RO'ing a bunch of folks of differing experience levels doing that scan all day, I'd definitely need a stiff drink at the end of the day! Some "Just for Men" hair dye go cover up all the fresh grey as well!

Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links