Gamo Shadow Sport problem anyone?

This is a discussion on Gamo Shadow Sport problem anyone? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Bought a Gamo in .177......man am I pissed. First shot went off like the spring was broke. I oiled up the o-ring around the breech ...

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar

Bought a Gamo in .177......man am I pissed. First shot went off like the spring was broke. I oiled up the o-ring around the breech and the next shot went off like a .22. Then, sppproinnnggg again. Store said they can't take back air rifles, call manufacturer. Anyone have the same problem and may I ask how it was fixed? Thanks in advance.....there's a groundhog waiting for an answer.
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    What kind of gamo. I picked up the Gamo Whisper. The PBA Gold Raptor pellets sound like a 22 going off. The regular lead pellets are a lot quiter.

Shadow Sport, synthetic stock. Out of a dozen shots, four cracked like a .22. The rest went off like a Red Ryder. No disrespect to the RR.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Hmmm... I have the Gamo Hunter or somthin another. With the gold PBA pellets it really lets out a crack. With the regular lead pellets its more subtle put sometimes still makes crack. I have had it about a year and haven't needed to grease the breech o-ring many times. I would contact Gamo and talk to them about your problem.

Number is: 954-581-5822 (Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm E.S.T.)

Quote Originally Posted by ak_balla View Post
    Hmmm... I have the Gamo Hunter or somthin another. With the gold PBA pellets it really lets out a crack. With the regular lead pellets its more subtle put sometimes still makes crack. I have had it about a year and haven't needed to grease the breech o-ring many times. I would contact Gamo and talk to them about your problem.

Number is: 954-581-5822 (Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm E.S.T.)
    Thanks for the number..........
    ---Ronald Reagan

Administrator
    typically Gamo builds decent stuff... I dont know what to tell you. I hope they make things right.
    Last edited by SIXTO; August 9th, 2008 at 07:36 PM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I have a older Hunter n the only caveat i remember is not to allow oil in the chamber, it can ignite from the sudden compression. the other one is to get a good brush and keep the bore clean if you want to maintain accuracy. Oh I did break the front sight n they sent me a new one no questions asked.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Are you using the same ammo type and weight? I have a Gamo Whisper and Varmint Hunter that I have shot the last 2 weeks or so and there is a noticeable difference in how they sound depending on ammo. The PBA Raptor stuff that comes in the Gamo box will go supersonic out of the barrel and thats where you here the "crack" sound. Those PBAs are lightweight. If you fire a heavier pellet, something in the 10gram range, you will not hear a "crack" due to the pellet staying subsonic. There will also be some variation in how different pellets sound as the rifle is fired and depening on the pellet the difference can be very noticeable.

Is the gun firing correctly? Are shots hitting the target area or is the gun malfunctioning besides sounding different?
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    Shadow Sport, synthetic stock. Out of a dozen shots, four cracked like a .22. The rest went off like a Red Ryder. No disrespect to the RR.
    I just wonder how many folks here learned to shoot with Daisy Red Ryder? Worked for me!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Gamo parts

Tried to get gamo orings for my gun they will not sell o rings to repair your air gun and their service is bad i have a crossman they had no problem sending me the parts i need. I have only had my gamo bone collector for a few months and the piston o ring is damaged the gun is in pices and cannot get new seals dont buy gamo you will be not be happy.

Links