Cop Sues Glock - Page 2

Cop Sues Glock

This is a discussion on Cop Sues Glock within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by kimberland Why don't we just put you in jail for child endangerment. Because he's Cali-LE. Thank you Police Union. Translation of the ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cop Sues Glock

Quote Originally Posted by kimberland View Post
    Why don't we just put you in jail for child endangerment.
    Because he's Cali-LE. Thank you Police Union.

Translation of the suit: "I was really stupid. Because I was stupid, the Union that kept me out of jail for child-endangerment is probably limiting my post-employment benefits. Give me money so that I may continue to demonstrate the rewards of stupidity to my children."

You are all forgetting the primary rule of 21st century American culture; When you do something (or fail to do something) that results in a tragic and preventable outcome, it is NEVER your fault. It is ALWAYS someone else's fault.

The sooner you accept that premise, the sooner you can get back to watching Celebrity Rehab, or whatever your brain poison of choice may be.

When in doubt, just ask yourself, "What would Theodore Roosevelt do?"

Every society is 3 missed meals away from anarchy.

Personal responsibility. Now, that would be something.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    "Only law enforcement and military personnel should carry guns."
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Frivolous.

Further the officer was a victim of his own extremely poor decision making in making the choice to improperly store his firearm within direct access of a child and to do so on a back seat. Stupid.
    Because he was stupid and as a direct result became paralyzed asper his injuries is not the fault of Glock nor their products design.
    He's likely hoping for a pay off to make him go away, but he and his attorney probably are completely ignorant of the infamously obstinate demeanor and determination of Gaston Glock.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Hopefully they hand his backside to him and this whole process is a waste of his time.
    Last edited by Scott; August 14th, 2008 at 11:03 PM. Reason: profanity

Uh... Wow.

got another Brady on our hands here?
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Quote Originally Posted by Duisburg View Post
    got another Brady on our hands here?
    No not even close. Brady was a victim of intended violence...

this is someone that is the victim of their own negligence.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Society as a whole, and specifically the liberal public school system and the universities across the country have indoctrinated us into believing there is always someone at fault for anything that goes wrong in life. At the same time they reject personal responsibility because... You Can't Sue Yourself!

Well, law officer or not, he is not accepting personal responsibility for his action of negligently leaving a loaded firearm where it wasn't secure.

Maybe if he had been charged for depraved indifference or reckless endangerment, his personal accountability would have come to mind.

I hope Glock chooses not to settle... wins... and he gets stuck with Glock's legal expenses.

Tragic he is paralyzed, but you have to send a message that you can't bring frivolous law suits in order to escape your own accountability.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Well all it takes is someone desperate for money, NO MATTER how their own STUPITY played a part or was the SOLE cause of their injury. While home recovering and watching TV they are baraged by ambluance chasing attorney ads promising they will get them money. They then sue someone with some mythical theory of liability, figuring they'll take a shot, perhaps get a stupid jury to award them money for NO REASON at all or their intended target will cough up some money to buy their peace with a business decision, cheaper to pay it off, & settle, then spend the cost to defend themselves. This case is total nonsense, the gun worked perfectly, the moron who left the gun in reach of his child was the thing that didn't function properly.
    Sorry he ruined his life with a dumb move, but it is NOT Glock's fault., nobody but himself is to blame.

Guess he figures Glock didn't warn him not to leave your loaded gun in the reach of child, who may pull the tirgger and the gun will go off., injuring you. STUPID. Ever wonder why your wife's hair dryer has a warning NOT to use it in the shower, or Preparation H has a wanring not to take orally, BECAUSE SOME MORON ignored these obvious hazards, hurt themselves, then pleaded stupid, they were not warned.....and a jury of idiots agreed and awarded them $$.

VIP Member
    hmmm, I guess I need to watch out for that awful 5.5lb trigger going backwards all by itself
    I'm glad that hasn't happened to any of my glocks, 2 of which I've had for 2 years

<---------------(see my avatar)
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

What a tragedy, and it could have been worse, the child could have shot and killed himself.
    God bless our troops!

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    From page 11 of the Glock manual: "Never leave a pistol unattended. Someone, especially a child, may fire it, believing it to be a toy".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    From page 11 of the Glock manual: "Never leave a pistol unattended. Someone, especially a child, may fire it, believing it to be a toy".
    EXACTLY
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links