Cop Sues Glock - Page 3

Cop Sues Glock

This is a discussion on Cop Sues Glock within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I hope he doesn't win. It wasn't Glock's fault. They didn't pull the trigger. The gun should of been in a secure place in the ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cop Sues Glock

I hope he doesn't win. It wasn't Glock's fault. They didn't pull the trigger. The gun should of been in a secure place in the first place.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

I am totally amazed at how many people think this was the officers fault,don't you realise that he was injured because he decided to be careless with somebody elses dangerous weapon that he carelessly left laying around like a hammer,how could he possibly of foreseen the events happening that day,(maybe he shoulda bought his kid that happy meal he wanted)Sarcasm off
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

this cop is an idiot.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

feel sorry for the kid - what an idiot for a parent

Ok, I just re-read this articel. This dude is...

Well, that's been covered here.

Let's see if I get this right, we have determined it was not his fault; got it.

Fault #1 - Holster didn't keep the gun locked in when someone intentionally removed it.

Fault #2 - Gun shop sold the Officer a defective holster and didn't warn him about it or show him how to use the "stay holstered even when tugged" locking mechanism.

Fault #3 - Glock sold the gun shop, who sold it to this Officer, a gun that discharged a bullet when the trigger was pulled back.

Fault #4 - LAPD FOR NOT SPOTTING THIS NUT JOB IN THE PSYCH EVAL!!!!!!!!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Only 161 officer injuries is twenty-one years? Considering the amount of gang violence and illegals that seems an extraordinarily positive statistic.
    I think they pretty much try to stay out of the bad neighborhoods where a lot of gang killing goes on. They only go in to harass kids during the day, and at night they only go in to take reports after shootings. This is all of course based on what I've seen in the Spike Lee type films. Certainly a more accurate source than the L.A. Times.

He may lose this in court, but who knows with a Kalifonia jury seated? If he does lose in the lower courts, he will probably win when he appeals the case to the 9th circus. JMO
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

No matter how much a product has been made idiot proof, there's always an exceptional idiot that can exceed all reasonable expectations.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

so glock issued simply for being glock?

didnt glock get sued over pople putting loaded guns in the old tupperware storage boxes with a round in the chamber?

thought i saw a post on that subject earlier.

Did he really expect his (I assume) loaded and cocked glock to fail to fire when the trigger was pulled just because he wasn't the one holding it?

Leave it to someone on the wrong coast to blame a business for their own bad parenting. He may as well sue the vehicle manufacturer for leaving enough room for a firearm to fit. Unfortunately, I have no doubt that the "judges" out there will allow this travesty of justice to continue.

You know dam well this guy is going to win and get millions for his own stupidit. Theirs going to be some antigun liberal who feels sorry for him and convince everyone else Glock Is to blame.
    If your looking down the barrel of my gun, you said the wrong thing

In all reality regardless of his injurys he needs to be arrested and charged with child endangerment,just because he was a cop doesn't mean he can break the law and the da look the other way.If my grand kid was visiting the very first thing I would do is put every gun not under my physical control in the gun safe
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by luvnmyg19 View Post
    You know dam well this guy is going to win and get millions for his own stupidity. Theirs going to be some antigun liberal who feels sorry for him and convince everyone else Glock Is to blame.
    I seriously doubt it. If he wins, then America has fallen further than I thought it ever would, and in that case, there isn't much to save. If I believed that he would win this case, I would champion for BHO to win the presidency to hasten the fall.

Rebuilding from utter destruction would be easier than having to face the fact that our average Americans could be that stupid.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

The cop is in Anaheim which is in Orange County, a hotbed of Conservatives (for CA). If this was going to be going to court in say, the Bay area (San Francisco), home of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, then I'd say the cop may have a chance at winning, but in Orange County? I hope not.

Glock has been sued numerous times because people can't learn to keep their fingers off the trigger & properly secure their weapons.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links