Para P14/45 mag base plates.

This is a discussion on Para P14/45 mag base plates. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I bought a P14/45 years ago, mags came with a very thin metal base plate. I quickly bought some extended rubber base plates and changed ...

Thread: Para P14/45 mag base plates.

Para P14/45 mag base plates.

I bought a P14/45 years ago, mags came with a very thin metal base plate. I quickly bought some extended rubber base plates and changed them out.

Recently, I've considered this pistol for CCW, and bought some Para thin polymer base plates.

I took these magazines out to shoot this weekend, and 3 of 4 would not seat far enough into the mag well to allow the mag release to catch. These have the Para logo on them, but apparently are thick enough that they will not allow the mag to seat all the way into the frame.

Anyone have any experience with this, or am I missing something here?

This makes no sense to me.
    "You're already flying upside down. You might as well turn on the smoke and have some fun."
    - Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival"

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    All my 14-45 mags had the plastic base pads with the Para Logo on them, and I never had an issue.

Where did you order the base pads from? You may be able to return the 3 non working pads.

If 3/4 are not working, can you measure the difference if any between them and possible sand the tops of the 3 non working pads to meets the specs of the working pad?

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    All my 14-45 mags had the plastic base pads with the Para Logo on them, and I never had an issue.

Where did you order the base pads from? You may be able to return the 3 non working pads.

If 3/4 are not working, can you measure the difference if any between them and possible sand the tops of the 3 non working pads to meets the specs of the working pad?
    Well, that's the weird part. I purchase stuff from a lot of places, and after a cursory look, I can't seem to track down where I got these. Pretty sure, it was fairly recent.

Actually, one doesn't have the logo.

I'm going to have to spend some time trying to figure out where they came from.

I also plan to take a micrometer to them and figure out the difference.

Weird.
    "You're already flying upside down. You might as well turn on the smoke and have some fun."

JD
    Administrator
    That is strange, I seem to recall that I ordered some extra ones from Brownells and that they all fit correctly.

FYI

Figured it out. I interchanged some P13 mag bases with P14 magazines.

Doesn't work!

The 13s create a distance to the mag catch slot from the top of the base plate of about .07 " shorter. Mag won't seat.

They are easy enough to identify, the 13s clip on, and the 14s use the follower that seats through the hole in the base plate. I guess I thought it was a new style and should work.

Could have been bad, except that I always go shoot after every mod I make to a pistol.

Habits are good.

Links