how many of you

how many of you

This is a discussion on how many of you within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Im a painter and working for some people with a really nice house. Right now we are working outside and we are allowed in their ...

Thread: how many of you

how many of you

Im a painter and working for some people with a really nice house. Right now we are working outside and we are allowed in their house just to use the bathroom. Anyways on the way to the bathroom I spot a shotgun just standing up in a corner on the way to the bathroom which made me think, how many of you have your rifles, or guns laying around the house in plain view? That and I've heard that some people have guns in most rooms of their houses? How many of any of you do this? Anyway just curious to see what people's responses are. I definitely know I wouldn't want to break into these people's house thats for sure. I wouldn't but I would hate to be the poor sucker that tries.

My guns stay secured. I have a 2 year old daughter though..
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

If I had strangers walking in my house I would have my guns put away out of sight,Even tho I carry 24/7 If you walked in my house right now there is definite signs that a gun enthusiast lives here,everything from bags of range brass to baggies of bullets,and then the guns In every room I use in the house there is either a handgun a shotgun or an AR15
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

If you walked into my house right now you wouldn't have a clue there's a gun in the house, just the way I like it. Of course, if you got to the garage and saw that gunsafe you'd start guess'n the truth but I'd lie like a preacher and say it was just for papers.

kaz
    Mine are hidden but I don't like it that way. I'm planning on moving the safe (and the rest of the guns) here or buying a small safe for the 2 pistols here. Never in plain sight unless they're going somewhere with me very shortly or are being cleaned/wiped/used for dry fire/etc.

Kids= All guns either locked up or being carried by me. There are holsters and gun magazines everywhere though.

I need to add I have no children in my home at this time if grandkid ever comes to visit I would have everything either locked away or trigger locks in place.I am working on better concealment for defensive guns I do have out such as hanging on hooks inside closets or above doors outta sight outta mind
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

With a one year old in the house everything has to stay locked away, but I do have things laying around the house that would hint at the presence of guns in the house.
    Benelli Nova Tactical
    Sig P250 9mm

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by AFPowerGuy View Post
    ...but I do have things laying around the house that would hint at the presence of guns in the house.
    I've learned that's a great way to start a conversation, actually. Someone spots two AR mags on the counter, sits on a random 1911 part, or sees a bucket of brass, they usually get curious.

-B

I do not leave them laying around in plain sight. I do have them in the main rooms we spend most of our time in. We know where they are and can get to them fast.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

No firearms are left out at my house, my 5 yo and my daughters running in and out with the other neighborhood kids makes that an easy issue to decide.
    The guns are either in my positive control or locked up.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I never leave my guns just laying around, I have kids now so I am even more anal about keeping them locked up or where I know the kids can not get to them. But even before the kids I kept them put up (except for the one I carry of course)
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
    --Thomas Jefferson

“We are not retreating—we are advancing in another direction.”
    General Douglas MacArthur

Mine are hidden, but ready to go if needed, Sundance says dito for him too.

Nothing in plain view denotes "gun nut" in my home either.
    The only gun cabinet and mini-vaults are in our bedroom and vehicle.

Sponsored Links