Portland: Men look at gun, it goes off

This is a discussion on Portland: Men look at gun, it goes off within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Usually I assume it is poor wording. But I believe, in this case, the writer really believes that looking at a gun can make it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portland: Men look at gun, it goes off

Portland: Men look at gun, it goes off

Usually I assume it is poor wording. But I believe, in this case, the writer really believes that looking at a gun can make it go off.

..:: AM 620 KPOJ -- Portland's Progressive Talk ::..

Two men were in a second floor apartment looking at an AK- 47 when it fired.
    Two men in a second floor apartment were looking at the rifle when it went off,

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Hmmmm. I live about a mile or so from there. Not the best area to rent an apartment. Lots of drugs and gang stuff going on.

I would like to know what evil look he gave the gun to make it go off, though.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Fairley was charged with several drug charges, Reckless Endangering, Failure to Register as a Sex Offender, and Parole Violation. Brazelton was cited for Possession of a Controlled Substance.
    Why I am not surprised, especially from that area.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Administrator
    Maybe they "shot" it a deadly glance.

You know what they say: If Looks Could Kill.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Even having given it the obvious "evil" eye, it's still the gun's fault. Whew! I feel so much better knowing a wayward, inanimate hunk of steel has been corralled at long last.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

It was probably one of the more dangerous models, you know, the ones with a shroud.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Born and raised in Hillsboro, OR. I would say the wording is exactly how the writer wanted it to be. Oregon is a huge left state and pretty anti gun so he probably believes the gun can go off by itself.

I just got back from a 2 week vacation there and had to leave my gun at home because they do not recognize Michigan's CPL...MICHIGAN! Kids here are born wearing Camo and shoot before they can walk. Ugh I felt naked the entire time I was there.

They used the force.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

I have to ask...

Did you respond to the article with educated insight?

Do frequent that site?

Howard
    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    SC SLED Certified CWP Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Krmnnghia View Post
    Born and raised in Hillsboro, OR. I would say the wording is exactly how the writer wanted it to be. Portland is a huge left state and pretty anti gun so he probably believes the gun can go off by itself.

I just got back from a 2 week vacation there and had to leave my gun at home because they do not recognize Michigan's CPL...MICHIGAN! Kids here are born wearing Camo and shoot before they can walk. Ugh I felt naked the entire time I was there.
    Fixed it for ya. The rest of us are quite fond of our guns. And we have some of the best concealed carry laws (or lack thereof) in the country, save for the stupid refusal to recognize most out of state permits.
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

Quote Originally Posted by Fjolnirsson View Post
    Fixed it for ya. The rest of us are quite fond of our guns. And we have some of the best concealed carry laws (or lack thereof) in the country, save for the stupid refusal to recognize most out of state permits.
    Thanks ;)

VIP Member
    Accidental shooting in Beaverton apartment
    They can't even get the details right. A shooting means someone got shot. Not a gun went off and didn't hurt anyone.

firing a bullet through the ceiling of the apartment below and narrowly missing someone inside.
    Again liberal spin. It sounds good but how far is narrowly missing someone? A foot? 6 feet? In the next room? They just write this stuff to sensationalize how evil guns are. The truth is that two bad guys were playing with a gun and they almost shot their neighbor. Not as good of a headline if you write the truth.
    Last edited by atctimmy; July 15th, 2008 at 06:12 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjolnirsson View Post
    Thanking you for fixing that, because I know lots of people who are quite fond of guns.

As far as out of state, that is something we need to resolve at the ballot box. Oregon has provisions for recognizing out of state permits that have qualifications equal too or stricter than ours. That is most of the states. The problem is that we keep electing liberal governers and AG's, so they have been just ignoring the law and not working for reciprocity agreements.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

I've been catching my guns daring me to look at them lately but I refuse to "look" at them I know they are just looking for an excuse to go "off"
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

1943 - 2009
    Oregon is a huge left state and pretty anti gun so he probably believes the gun can go off by itself.
    This is an unfair statement.

It's true for the People's Republic of Portand and the Willamette Valley down to Eugene. Try spewing anti-gun rhetoric in southern, central and eastern Oregon.

Back in the 1980s, the Portland Police Bureau was negotiating a new labor contract with the city. The police union rep sat down for a session with the city reps and (so the story goes) took out his .38 Chief's Special, laid it on the table, and said "let's negotiate". It was widely reported at the time that the city reps were so intimidated by that scary revolver on the table, they caved in to the union's demands.

This may or may not be an urban myth, but the union rep was the type that would do something like this.

When youíre wounded and left on Afghanistanís plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links