I can't believe I'm saying this....

This is a discussion on I can't believe I'm saying this.... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm officially addicted to Glock pistols. I used to hate them because of their popularity, but now I love them for the same reason, they ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe I'm saying this....

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

I'm officially addicted to Glock pistols. I used to hate them because of their popularity, but now I love them for the same reason, they work. I decided I would bring home a brand new Glock 17 in a couple weeks, so I went down to my FFL dealer and put their last one on layaway. Darn this Kool Aid is so good, I just can't resist the addiction, and believe me I've tried!

I really don't know what I'm going to use the G17 for, it's another gun in the collection. Now I will own a G19, G26, and G17.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I'm jelous. I had to trade in my G22 for my G27 because I didn't have the money to buy the G27 outright and the G22 was not fun to conceal. Wished I had more than the one G in my collection.

I usually do the layaway thing, that's how I'm able to buy them. Otherwise, there's no way I could.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

The word "Perfection" says it all. Welcome to the dark side. Love my 23.
    When in doubt, just ask yourself, "What would Theodore Roosevelt do?"

Every society is 3 missed meals away from anarchy.

Try a Glock 29. Everything happens so fast and the brass evaporates in mid-air. At least mine does!!!!! Enjoy your Glock and seriously, the model 29 is so fun to shoot. john (still looking for his 10mm brass).

I too hated them. But hey you can't argue with the results or the quality.

<----- kool aid drinker and proud of it !

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    You can't have just one! G17,26.

I'm officially addicted to Glock pistols
    It happens. Fear not my son, yeah thou shalt walk through the valley of shadows with Glock by your side, but thou shalt fear no evil. Glock on my brother---Glock on!

I always hated Glocks in the past, and I'm still not what you would call a fan. But I do appreciate their positive attributes. Personally, I don't like their grip angle, I don't like their plasticy feel, and I hate their triggers. I'm a die-hard SAO shooter, especially 1911s, and Glock triggers just don't compare. But I know that not everyone feels the same way. My girlfriend isn't comfortable with SAO guns for carry, and neither of us like DA/SA guns in that role - every trigger pull should be the same. So, we went shopping for a good DAO gun for her. And in the end, we settled on the Glock. She can shoot it well, it's reliable, the low bore-to-grip distance makes recoil more manageable, and it has a better capacity than the Kahr, which was the other choice. I've had a chance to shoot hers quite a bit to test its reliability, and while I'll probably never own one myself, I wouldn't feel at all insecure about my ability to use it well if I had to. While "perfection" is just marketing BS, they are good guns and, for many, are definitely the best choice. If I couldn't afford a decent 1911, a Glock would be on my short list of carry weapons.

I tried for years to stay away from glock...then kahr. Just can't. While I do love a beautiful gun such as the stainless para p12 LDA, rugers' acid-etched dark grey finished sp101 and gp100, and my blued smiths' model 19. It just kills me to wear down and or scratch these pieces. I love my glock 21 and kahr tp45 for the no-nonsense and knock about durability, and simpleness to shoot.
    It would not bother me If I had to throw (like throwing a rock) the two guns. I would get sick If I did that to the others.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    I really don't know what I'm going to use the G17 for, it's another gun in the collection. Now I will own a G19, G26, and G17.
    Your thoughts are admirable, but you don't need a practical reason to have the G17 or any other gun. Enjoy it, that's good enough right there.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Today was payday, and I got a little more than I expected so, the G17 now sits here in front of me, along with my G19 and G26. It's one big happy family now LOL!

I suppose the 17 will be used for range fun, and winter carry. Other than that, it's another Glock in my collection, and I'm quite pleased with it.

You can't go wrong with a glock, though there are many great weapons to chose from!

Glocks are nice, but save the applause and fanfair and go try out an XD. i wanted a glock until i handled an XD. I own 2 now and soon a third.

I've owned two XDs in the past, the 45 and 9mm Service models. I chose Glock because I don't like the idea of having to send my guns in the mail to get repairs done. I will eventually get another XD pistol though, I like them. I know XD pistols aren't known for breaking often, but eventually there will come a point where I will have to start replacing parts.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links