Need Info Walther P22

This is a discussion on Need Info Walther P22 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I want a .22 semiauto for cheap and fun shooting. I like the looks of the walther p22 and was wandering about others experiences with ...

Thread: Need Info Walther P22

Need Info Walther P22

I want a .22 semiauto for cheap and fun shooting. I like the looks of the walther p22 and was wandering about others experiences with them. Not all that concerned about accuracy or all that interested in a target pistol. Any info would be appreciated.
    “ If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?” - Patrick Henry

I dont mean to sound selfish, but stop what you're doing and focus on me. - Janitor

2. Remove Ads

Some people have problems with them feeding and ejecting reliably. Use the search function. Oh and welcome aboard :)
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Senior Moderator
    My wife has one, and it's been fine.

With the CCI stingers, it's been very reliable, and it's fun to shoot.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I just bought one about 3 weeks ago. I have put over 800 rounds of CCI Mini Mag thru it. It functions very well and accuracy is OK for it's size and price. It's a good little .22
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

I dont know how good the these little pistols are, but they are easy on the eyes!
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
    --Thomas Jefferson

“We are not retreating—we are advancing in another direction.”
    General Douglas MacArthur

I like mine for what I use it for...Plinking and Squirrel Tag. There's already a thread with a good bit of info on them here:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...er-p-22-a.html
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Hey thanks, I read the other thread and got alot of good opinions.
    “ If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?” - Patrick Henry

I dont mean to sound selfish, but stop what you're doing and focus on me. - Janitor

Seems that some of the issues have been shaken out lately.

Go check here, though:

WaltherForums - Powered by vBulletin

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Have one and love it for fun and for teaching the kids basic handgun safety, use, and marksmanship. It's not as accurage as Rugers or Buckmarks but it's cheap fun. Mine (with the long barrel) is accurate enough for squirrels with a red dot. I'd like a serious plinking/hunting .22 and this wouldn't be it but it is fun and fits great.

If it didn't cost so much, it would be a LOT of fun to get a surpressor for this gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Have one and love it for fun and for teaching the kids basic handgun safety, use, and marksmanship. It's not as accurage as Rugers or Buckmarks but it's cheap fun. Mine (with the long barrel) is accurate enough for squirrels with a red dot. I'd like a serious plinking/hunting .22 and this wouldn't be it but it is fun and fits great.

If it didn't cost so much, it would be a LOT of fun to get a surpressor for this gun.
    I've got the short barrel with a suppressor on it and it's my go-to squirrel gun these days. No issues with accuracy. Mine was "off" out of the box, though I attribute that to some dummy futzing with the sights at the gun shop or something, but once I straightened out the sights I can take squirrels on the move at 20-25 yards with it(irons - no scope). I haven't tried further than that, though if they were sitting still I suppose I could hit 'em further out.

The CCI MiniMags seem to run best for me(no issues so far), although the standards work fine too. If you're going for quiet switch to the CCI CB-Long's and it's as quiet as a low powered bb gun(with a gemtech outbackII suppressor on it). The only problem though is that it seems the CBLongs don't have quite enough oomph to throw the slide back so I have to manually cycle the slide if I'm using those.

Edit:

Speaking of throwing things back...

Oh ..almost forgot...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Got mine on a package deal in a shop locally. It was around $425ish if I remember right (not including the $200 stamp from the feds). So it put it in around $650 total for the p22 and the suppressor NIB.
    Last edited by packinnova; July 22nd, 2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: added info
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Check here
    RimfireCentral.com - Hobby and Info Source For All Rimfire Caliber Ammo and Firearms
    also shoot ammo with a little more power and it will feed very well
    don't shoot thunderbolts in it
    I did and there was lead dripping out of the barrel in less then
    100 rounds
    it took a long time to clean out
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

My wife has one and it is a good little gun. No problems using the Winchester or CCI ammo.

Links