For forensic enthusiasts.

This is a discussion on For forensic enthusiasts. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Whether there was one shooter, or several, there was a conspiracy/cover-up. This was the FBI that, using both skillful evidence collection and bare-knuckles, largely broke ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For forensic enthusiasts.

Whether there was one shooter, or several, there was a conspiracy/cover-up. This was the FBI that, using both skillful evidence collection and bare-knuckles, largely broke the Klan; the Dallas PD, considered one of the more professional of the time; etc., etc.. Granted, the assasination was a "Biggie", and mistakes were certainly magnified, but by even the most accomodating standards, the scene handling was slip-shod.

Oswald, based on his background, would seem to be a fairly inept-to-average assasin, but great pressure can clarify and focus one's actions and thoughts to accomplish the heretofore impossible, so...

Too much like the OKC bombing- too many loose ends and unexplained circumstances. The real question is whether the cover-up was to protect the well-intentioned-but-too-late individuals/agencies, or did we have a coup, as the most black-hearted conspiracists believe?

2. Remove Ads

OD*
    Thanks Chris, must be the same program, maybe I missed this segment.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Govenor Connelly's testimony and medical records rule out the "magic bullet". He testified that he heard gunshots, looked to his left, then to his right and was then turning around to say something to JFK when the bullet struck him (Connelly). The round in question is NOT subsonic, and the path of the magic bullet from Oswald's position requires Connelly to be facing forward. That bullet broke some of Connelly's bones (clearly shown on his X-rays) and left fragments in his body (again, clearly shown on the X-rays). But the so-called magic bullet was pretty much pristine (certainly not fragmented), and weighed in at the full weight of the FMJ for that caliber.

So there were at least 4 shots fired that day, at least one was not recovered, and the above evidence implies a second shooter.

My take on the investigation is that it was mishandled due to incompetence, not malice, and the Warren commission was a blue panel of lawyers, none with any technical background, intentionally picked purely for reputation, to cover the governments' collective asses.

Assistant Administrator
    It continues to be fascinating!

I guess this excercize did show, if nothing else - the potential at least for 7 wound signs from one bullet. I doubt the mystery will ever be resolved now to satisfaction of all. Conjecture is almost self-perpetuating
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

OD*
    So there were at least 4 shots fired that day
    Not if the first shot missed as they claimed.

~ Tiger McKee

Lead Moderator
    Intresting, I have seen a few programs on this subject. I am still unsure as to the poossiblity of just 1 shooter. We may never know for certian.

I think the point of this show (I saw it over the weekend) was that the "Magic Bullet" was possible. For that they only have to get it to do it once. That makes it possible. It doesn't prove anything beyond that. Furthermore, one of the things pointed out in the show was that the "pristine" bullet wasn't. There was some deformation which could be seen when looked at from other than the angle usually shown.
    There's a reason The Sopranos is set in New Jersey.
    Basic Pistol

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grnzbra
    I think the point of this show (I saw it over the weekend) was that the "Magic Bullet" was possible. For that they only have to get it to do it once. That makes it possible. It doesn't prove anything beyond that. Furthermore, one of the things pointed out in the show was that the "pristine" bullet wasn't. There was some deformation which could be seen when looked at from other than the angle usually shown.
    Some deformation yes (a small dent near the nose of the bullet), but the X-rays of Connelly's show multiple bullet fragments scattered near the broken bone. From what I have seen, when a bullet frags, it is in pieces. And Connelly's testimony was he was turning to talk to JFK after looking for the source of the gunshots when he was hit. The magic bullet requires him to be facing forward, does it not?

Lots of things are possible, but it doesn't make them probable or necessarily true. For example, it's possible that Oswald didn't even fire the gun that day, but was set up by some cabal in the U.S. government (no, I don't think that, but it IS possible).

OD*
    I believe the x-rays showed bone fragments not bullet.
    Connelly was slightly turned to the right, he stated he turned his head to the right at the sound of the first shot. The Zapruder film clearly shows this too.

~ Tiger McKee

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I didn't read all replies, so forgive me.

One, The dummies were made of ballistic gel. Same consistency as flesh, same stuff they use to judge performance of ammo.

Just because he was only a sharpshooter in the Marines doesn't mean he can't shoot.

Two, MC marksmanship is with iron sights. I know many people who don't fire well with iron sights (I'm not sure if he used a scope to shoot JFK, but doesn't matter, some can't shoot well with iron sights.)

Three, From the distance, it wasn't that hard of a shot. MC teaches up to 500 yds with those iron sights. It's much easier closer up.

Four, there's not that much mystery behind JFK to me. Have you ever heard anything loud in a downtown environment. You don't know what direction the sounds are coming from because of the tremendous echo.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links