Heritage big bore pistols

This is a discussion on Heritage big bore pistols within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The other day while I was in the gun store I found some SAA clones made by Heritage, which were being sold for like $240, ...

Thread: Heritage big bore pistols

Heritage big bore pistols

The other day while I was in the gun store I found some SAA clones made by Heritage, which were being sold for like $240, new in .357 and .45LC. I'm a sucker for single action pistols anyways, and decided I could part with that much to experiment, so I got one in the .357 flavor, with the 4.75" barrel and blued.

One thing that is weird is the gun says made in USA, and their website says the same thing, but the rollmark on the barrel has Made in Italy (by the same people who made my Traditions 1851 Navy which has been rock solid, part of what convinced me to try this one). I checked the new once they brought out from the back before buying, the cylinder was solid when locked and the chambers looked to line up well. The trigger is pretty smooth and light, as it should be on a SAA. Fit and finish aren't bad, but aren't great, about what one would expect for a pistol of that price. Not as nice as my Uberti with case coloring, but a nice blue on the entire pistol.

I'm going to be spending a long day at the range tommorow, so I'll test out this along with the rest of my new stuff. Anyone have one of these, or shot one before? It seems decent enough for the price point (MSRP according to the site is $400). I'll let y'all know how it shoots tommorow.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Cool

oh goody ! Please do !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Well, artz, since you care, here ya go.

Just got back from the range, had a good time, have a whole lot of firearms cleaning to do. Anyway, as far as the big bore .357 goes, it functions fine and shoots pretty much where you aim at 25 yards. It's not going to give you Olympic competition groups, but you could keep them all within someones chest without too much work on your part at 25 yards. It handled the .357 rounds with ease, put about 50 of em along with 50 .38 through it. Recoil was very manageable, probably due to the overall weight of the weapon. No problem with ejecting spent shells, most of them just fell out without having to use the ejector.

Overall I think for under $250 its a pretty decent, fun to shoot pistol, although only time can tell how it stands up to massive quantities of .357 rounds through it, so far I don't see a problem.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Most single action parts (most, but not all) are made in Italy by Uberti. It is probable that the pistol is assembled in the USA from Italian parts.

Links