Anyone have experience with pachmayer decellaratr grips?

This is a discussion on Anyone have experience with pachmayer decellaratr grips? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; About 25 years ago, my wife injured her thumb on her shooting hand. Now that she is approaching 60 it seems to be giving her ...

Thread: Anyone have experience with pachmayer decellaratr grips?

About 25 years ago, my wife injured her thumb on her shooting hand. Now that she is approaching 60 it seems to be giving her some trouble.

Mostly she complains about it hurting when it gets cold, but she is also complaining that the recoil from her S&W Model 10 hurts her thumb.

The injury was to the joint at the base of her thumb and that's where a lot of the recoil force seems to go.

As a result, she has stopped doing much shooting to stay sharp. I was thinking that some new technology grips might help out and herd about these Pachmayers that supposedly cushion the recoil.

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of how effective they are.

Thanks
    If you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he will sit in a boat and drink beer.

Love 'em on my Contender. They do make a difference.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Thanks for the feedback Cuda. Anyone else?
    If you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he will sit in a boat and drink beer.

Senior Moderator
    I've got one on my Contender. It does make a difference, especially with the hard kicking .44 magnum barrel.

The Paycmeyers have a little bit of "give" to them rather than the sharp feel of a wooden grip that transmits it all right to your hand.

Every little bit helps. I think you ought to try it. If it makes shooting better for her, its money well spent.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

The theory is sound

I have never used the pistol grips .... That being said i have a butt pad by them on my .270 and yes it reduced the felt recoil and the fit was great on a stock rifle i assume the grips would be a helpful addition.

VIP Member
    Put em on my Ruger 44 Magnum. Very soft grips. Makes a big difference...

I think I'll give them a try, if she doesn't like them maybe I'll try them on my Model 66.

If I don't like them, watch this space for a bargain ................

EW3
    I have them on my S&W 442. The stock grips were making shooting the thing too painful after about 30 rounds. They are soft and cover the backstrap, making shooting the little J-frame a little more pleasant. The only drawback is since they are bigger and thicker than stock grips, it pretty much eliminates pocket carry.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Links