Wilson Combat???

Wilson Combat???

This is a discussion on Wilson Combat??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been wanting to do a few things to my Springfield lately and finally have the cash to do it. I want to do ...

Thread: Wilson Combat???

Wilson Combat???

I have been wanting to do a few things to my Springfield lately and finally have the cash to do it.

I want to do the Wilson Combat Compensator and the mag reciever. Do you guys have any experience with them and their products??

I just talked to a guy on the phone and he seemed very nice and chatted with me for around 20 min.

I am also thinking about parkerizing the upper slide, how do you guys think that would look, its a Stainless Loaded Model 1911.

Senior Moderator
    I have and carry a Wilson Combat Professional. It has proved itself time and time again. I am highly impressed with the product they have made.

As far as their service goes with working on other guns I've heard nothing but good things.

A customer of mine sent in his Springfield Armory Loaded Stainless because he wasn't happy with his accuracy. Wilson Combat put in a match grade barrel, test fired it at 25 yards with one magazine and you'd swear there was only three shots fired, that's how tight the group was.

The guy brought it back in, still complaining of accuracy issues, but an examination of HIM, not his gun, proved his gun was far from being the culprit.

He was so impressed with Wilson Combat's service, however, that he's planning on sending his Springfield back for some armor tough coating and maybe more.

Thanks lima, I think I'm gonna order the comp and the well now and then decide if I should get the upper slide done or not.

Links