So many pistols

This is a discussion on So many pistols within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does anyone here owln a lot of different pistols that you wear a differrent one almost everyday? I am not trying to offend anyone I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So many pistols

So many pistols

Does anyone here owln a lot of different pistols that you wear a differrent one almost everyday?
    I am not trying to offend anyone I would just like to know why.
    One day you have on your Glock in 9mm next time a Sig in .40
    a 1911, Glock in 357sig. What gives, I strap on a G19 4 spare mags
    when working two when of it just simple for me.
    Would you share please.
    You do not think the 9mm is effective? Then let me shoot at you.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Variety is the spice of life.

Today I carried my Colt Mustang, tomorrow I might carry my HK, Monday I might carry by Browning.

No real reasons other than I do it because I can, I like guns and I don't like to let them just sit in the safe.

All of mine see daylight. Some are seasonal in a way IWB/OWB. I have no specific 'house gun', 'range gun', or 'safe-queens'. I carry each and every one of mine at one time or another.

I carry either the 1911 or the Hi-Power, generally the Hi-Power. I never carry the CZ, it is slightly larger in the grip than I prefer and I have had reliability issues with it.

I do think it's important to have a primary EDC that you know and practice with...and I almost always have my Kimber Ultra CDP on my person.
    That being said, I prefer to have my Glock-36 tucked against my right kidney when on my Harley. I seems to just disappear and against the backrest, I know it's not going anywhere...it's just my Harley partner.
    It's enjoyable to buy and own and use various firearms...why not change your carry once in while?

Stay armed...with something...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Variety is the spice of life.

Today I carried my Colt Mustang, tomorrow I might carry my HK, Monday I might carry by Browning.

No real reasons other than I do it because I can, I like guns and I don't like to let them just sit in the safe.
    Me too!!!!!
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Not to sound Snooty, But because I can, As some one else has also said.
    Variety truly is the spice of life.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sponsor
    Does anyone here owln a lot of different pistols that you wear a differrent one almost everyday?

Yes, I own more than I could ever need in a lifetime [ though most of them are collector guns and wouldn't/don't get carried or shot, though they are all capable of being brought to service at a moments notice ].

I don't wear the handful that are out and ready to pick up at a moments notice in a quick rotation of daily, but I'm certianly capable of being caught with either one of a SA milspec 1911 I've had since 82; a glock 17; a glock 19; Sig 220 "carry"; Walther "Interarms" PPK/s, or Seecamp on a fairly regular rotation.

I use that word rotation loosely, as that suggests some sort of schedule, which there isn't. For me, the "Rotation" depends on one thing, thats what I want to carry that day based on personal feelings or just what I perceive my needs may be that day.

What I "want" to carry any particular day or week is based on what I deem acceptable for me that day/week as well.

Just this morning, I swapped out the Sig 220 I carried for over a week, for the g17 and two extra mags when I was going to head out into the desert on a Polaris Ranger and be quite a distance from support. When I got back this afternoon, I swapped that g17 out for the SA 1911 milspec that I've owned and shot since 82.

Why swap to the 1911 gov model for tonight, tomorrow and beyond until I "want" to carry one of the others lined up in the rotation sometime later?

This forum is known for it's prevalent 1911 member/afficionados I'm more a glock guy for the last 4 years almost exclusively [ gets the most use most of the time ] but had been a 1911 ccw/user before that almost exclusively since 1972. I've also shot this particular milspec 1911 since 82, 6 years worth of competition with this one 1911 as well as daily ccw. We're old friends, and all these damned threads in support of the 1911 platform has taken it's toll on me

However, if I wasn't as familiar with this 1911 platform as I am [ I've put 30K+ through this one alone ], it wouldn't be in the rotation no matter what these 1911 guys think and say about it.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Do you have only one pair of blue jeans? WHY?

Same reason I have different carry guns. My main CC is a G23 with CT grips, but it can be difficult to hide in church clothes, so my Sunday ( Church Gun) is a Sig P232, it is much thinner and easy to conceal under dress clothes, of course I always have my NAA Guardian in my front pocket.
    I also just ordered some custom leather from K&D for a Italian made 92F with frontal laser sight I bought in the 90's, when it arrives I will add the 92F to my carry rotation.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Rotation

I rotate carry guns based on my mood. I also carry openly at the gunshop and have been known to carry something just for the "show off" factor. Mostly autos, occasionally a revolver. I really don't plan for different weather or seasons or anything. I carry (in no real order) a stainless Colt 1991 with fancy wood grips, a H&K P7M8, Glock 19, S&W 610 in 10mm, Nickel S&W model 40 (the new ones), S&W model 15 snub, Kahr MK40, Glock 17, Nickel S&W 37 (old), and a Kel Tec .32 as a BUG almost always.

I own MANY guns and I shoot them regularly. I carry what is clean. Mostly a glock30 or other glock models to keep it simple. I do revert back to my youth and sometime carry a 1911 or BHP. I always have a J frame of some type in my front left pocket and depending on where I go, I have one of my .32/.380's in a rear pocket. Why? Because I can and the quickest reload is a 2nd or 3rd gun
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Administrator
    I own some where north of 50 handguns, and I pretty much exclusively carry three; a 228, G19 or a PM9. I carry a 220 for work, but thats not CCW, so I won't count that.

I do have a few others that I carry from time to time for special circumstances or when I feel a BUG is appropriate, such as a P32 or a J frame.

I'm a creature of habit, and have strong likes and dislikes so once I find what works well for me, I stick with it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
    I carry either the 1911 or the Hi-Power, generally the Hi-Power. I never carry the CZ, it is slightly larger in the grip than I prefer and I have had reliability issues with it.
    Which model CZ is it, and what kind of reliability issues are you having? CZ are generally know for being very reliable.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I own quite a few handguns, but am pretty limited in what I carry, because I feel comfortable with the familiarity.

My primary EDC is a Kimber Ultra CDP II, carried in a Tucker Answer.
    Typically a BUG, or when there's no option but pocket carry, a Kel-Tec P-3AT.
    When my right arm was out of commission, I switched to carrying a Colt Detective Special, because I could do everything with only my left hand.
    I've recently brought a Browning Hi-Power into the front line, and as I spend some more time with it, it'll get carried quite a bit. I just love the way it shoots and fits my hand, and the HBE Com III holster is just ideal for IWB carry.

I don't really carry any of the others concealed, but all of the other modern handguns are shooters. No safe queens.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I'll carry my P239 in the warmer months, my P229 in cooler months....OC my P229 or P226 or Beretta....and my MK9 is my "Sunday gun".
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links