My Gun Range is closing

This is a discussion on My Gun Range is closing within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I been shooting at this indoor range ever since i moved here about 18 months now and it was state of the art with electric ...

Thread: My Gun Range is closing

My Gun Range is closing

I been shooting at this indoor range ever since i moved here about 18 months now and it was state of the art with electric target hangers, AC,and I could take all the brass I wanted for reloading.But it's been in disrepair lately due to the electrical stuff requires somebody that knows the system and with 1800+ a month in overhead and about 9000.00 to get all the lanes back up the owner can't justify it.It's part of his Security company office building.So It looks like my closest option is 3 times farther away and outside with manual target stands.I think part of the problem is ammo cost even on weekends he only had about 20% of the shooters he use to have
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Sad to know they never put the profits back into the business. It's truly a sad day. Alot of outfits go that way. Make hay while the sun shines, but never re-seed the pasture. Sad in a way.

I am so happy that I can shoot on my property!! I wouldn't know where to go if this wasn't possible. Hopefully somebody will take it over with a better business plan. He should have been keeping all the brass and reloading it for folks. If people have affordable ammo they will tend to shoot more.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

VIP Member
    The Range up here went the same way. We were lucky a Guy jumped in and took it over and reopened and the place is all redone.
    Sorry to hear.

A sad day

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I bet insurance on indoor range cost alot.I live in Maine we don't have any
    large indoor ranges that I know of .I am a member of one gun club you can shoot air rifles ,22 's and anything that uses lead bullets, so much for my glocks.

I think it's a rare occurrence for a range to have a thriving business today. Insurance and 'tree-hugger' regs have made it almost impossible to be successful.

If I miss the N. MI times for any reason, it was being able to shoot from the front porch. Actually was able to bag deer from the front yard. It was many moons (multi-decades) ago.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    I bet insurance on indoor range cost alot.
    It is actually quite reasonably priced through the NRA.

ranburr

Am very sorry to learn that your range is closing.

sorry to hear, bro - keep up your own range time and try to get a newbie interested - help keep the rest in operation

After talking to the owner today he may keep it open on weekends and if he eventually sells the building may build an outdoor range that has less overhead and upkeep,But he did tell me and my buddy that if he closes it during the week we can get the key from the dispatcher and shoot,Is that cool or what,I guess when you support a gun range there are a few percs
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links