More News..

More News..

This is a discussion on More News.. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Guys, I tell ya things are getting bad in my part of town. A store owner was killed when he was armed and trying to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More News..

More News..

Guys, I tell ya things are getting bad in my part of town. A store owner was killed when he was armed and trying to defend his store against some robbers early this morning. His clerk pulled up and heard gun fire and found him dead in the back. He apparently got off two rounds but was killed by return fire from Bad Guys.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Sounds like you need to relocate.

i agree sounds like you need to pack up and get out of dodge

Assistant Administrator
    Heck Blue - things are gettin' kinda hot round there!!

Store owner, armed, gets off two shots but dies from being hit - bad, very bad. Outnumbered? Poor training? Bad luck? I wonder how that did go down.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

BlueLion

Just a reminder to stay aware of what's going on around you.
    I'm sure you already are.

I think as the Crack Cocaine problem gets worse & worse then violent crime is going to go up everywhere in a real big hurry.

Where DO you go or...move to...these days...to get away from it all?
    Beats me.

Maybe all forum members could chip in & we can buy our own Private Island. That sounds nice!

Assistant Administrator
    Sounds nice but - it would need to be ''hurricane free'' - otherwise we'd have a devil of a time keeping our roofs on!

I agree re the crack/meth situations - not only are the addicts trying anything to get money to fuel their needs but - when doped up probably 10 x more dangerous and daring.

Sad to say - you have to hope for the best but plan for the worst - almost anywhere.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

It used to be safe living in the country, but now the dealers are cooking Meth in tents. There have been 4 busts of Meth labs set up in tents in the hills around me. I constantly check my pasture and the land ajoining it to make sure no one is setting up lab. It is actually a bet scarry to walk in the woods anymore because one never knows what kind of drug operation one might run into.

Senior Moderator
    Just FYI, raevan - if you ever come across what you think is an empty meth lab (i.e. lots of hotplates, funky smelling stuff), get the hell out without turning anything on OR off. Some of the stuff is pretty volatile, and even removing the heat at the wrong time can lead to a small-scale re-enactment of the Big Bang....

Matt

Administrator
    These drugs today are so addictive. People can get totally addicted to Crack after just one use. Meth too. Both are Tickets To Hell.

So....if addicts NEED "X" numbers of dollars every single day then (real quick) they run out of Kosher places to get that $$$ & THAT leaves all of us as potential targets.

Many addicts lose the ability to function normally in society any longer & can only get high...sporadically eat & rob, steal, car~jack, purse snatch and prey on innocent people....after they run out of their own family to prey on.

They want/NEED the money & whatever little human compassion they had originally has been numbed by dope.

I feel bad for the Police that have to deal with these dangerous idiots on a daily basis.

They lie, cheat, steal, roam around looking for cars & houses to break into & and people to prey on.

The world becomes a place to be pillaged & nothing more.
    I agree that if you come across anything drug related...like a manufacturing lab then get the heck away & call the cops.
    Some of them are Booby Trapped in addition to being potential exploding bombs.

Somebody better get a handle on this "drug thing" pretty soon or we will have a societal collapse. Or at least a total lifestyle change.

Abuse of the Welfare System has contributed GREATLY to the rampant drug problem.

It creates people with no "work skills" or motivation and way too much free time to listen to Kill For Thrill music & the main recreation is getting high. So...for extra money they....(and since they cannot fit into any workplace) ~ (and don't want to work anyway) ~ they need to get their money FREE...from you & me.
    They will usually try to get it "By Any Means Possible"...either that or start dealing drugs.

Your kids are SURROUNDED by this $h1T Every single day if they are in public school.
    Watch your kids like hawks because once they fall into the trap...it's very hard for them to get back out & they can "Take You Down" Financially & Emotionally in trying to get them out.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Aw, c'mon guys. Don't you think your'e overdoing this just a bit? After all, all the good libs will tell you that drugs are a "victimless crime".
    There's a reason The Sopranos is set in New Jersey.
    Basic Pistol

You know, I have several rental properties, and I'm very VERY concerned about finding out some afternoon from a cop that my house, or one of my mobile homes is a meth lab.

Half the time, when they cook meth in a house, the contamination is so complete it isn't habitable anymore.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Seriously BlueLIon, where are you so I can make sure I don't wind up there. Seems like you're in a not-so-good place to live right now.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

I live outside of Charlotte, about 40 to 50 miles. The race fans are familiar with Mooresville, NC. I tell ya, crime is all around us. That's why we CCW. I would say that it was either the guys time or like 95 said poor shooting. Yeah, things are bad but what are you going to do.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

The number of transiants has boomed in Eugene Oregon, due from the Meth problem. Our "smart" governor decided to put all meds that have one of the ingediants behind the counter which stopped many of the small labs but now MS 13 and the Mexican Mafia has happily taken over and making even stronger stuff (they just have truckloads of the ingedients brought in from Mexico).

And the gangs (two of the worse ones out there) are taking over the state so you have the addicts on one side and the gangs on the other.

Wayne

QKShooter,

The part about the stuff in schools...how true! If most parents knew how much is really available on school grounds, they'd have heart failure. My teenagers have told me of several instances of drug sales and I'm happy to say the local PD has arrested most of them. They have told me that some of the ones that have be arrested say their parents don't GIVE them enough money and that they sell drugs to have their "allowance" increased. The part about "a drug free zone" is pretty much of a laugh in most schools in our area which is a growing and upscale. I guess the drugs go where the money is and that usually means more BG's around you. Another reason to carry 7x24...
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links