Fedex Worker stole guns

This is a discussion on Fedex Worker stole guns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Saw this in the local paper today. FedEx worker stole 146 guns to sell on the street, authorities say - The Star-Ledger - Today's top ...

Thread: Fedex Worker stole guns

Question Fedex Worker stole guns

Saw this in the local paper today. FedEx worker stole 146 guns to sell on the street, authorities say - The Star-Ledger - Today's top news story - NJ.com

I had a couple issues with it. One, I have worked as a package handler for Fedex Ground and without a security guard being in on the scam, there would be no way you could get any gun, let alone 70 or 75 at a time out of the facility if that facility was anything like the one I worked at. We got wanded(metal detector) coming in and leaving. No cell phones, no watches, only a wedding ring for jewelry was allowed. And no Nike clothing. Two, why did it take residents of the projects coming forward before anything was done? Didn't the dealer who was supposed to receive those guns notice they didn't arrive? One would think that a dealer would complain if they didnt receive 70 or 75 guns that they paid for. OMO.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

2. Remove Ads

Don't be surprised if the Brady Bunch use this as some of scare tactic to bring about some piece of legislation that restricts firearms from being shipped by Fed Ex or UPS.

You know, it's an epidemic type thing.

I agree, something is not right about this story. How does one even get away with taking one package from the facility, let alone more than one or possibly up the 146 if the firearms where individually shipped ?

There are more people that need to be questioned here, not just the two mentioned.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Administrator
    Well, now that he has been caught...huge federal offense.
    He will not see the street that he intended to sell them on for a very long time.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Back when I lived in Jersey they had a saying for that:

"They just fell off the truck."
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by KenInColo View Post
    Back when I lived in Jersey they had a saying for that:

"They just fell off the truck."
    I once had to chase down a UPS truck on Interstate 95 because his back door was open and left a trail of boxes on the highway about a quarter mile long. He was pissed.
    NRA Member

From the way it sounds these Bersa Guns were destin for Eagle Imports and never made it. Eagle Imports may have filed a complaint, but it looks like they were caught pretty shortly after he stole the 145 guns off the line. The first Bersa's were stolen in May and they were in custody by the end of May. Some how they got out of the shipping facility.

Hey they are in custody and will probably spend quite some time in jail for their offense.

The guys on the street weren't too smart, they could have gone to the store or sent their woman to the store, or a gun show and bought them cheaper than they were getting them in the projects.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    From the way it sounds these Bersa Guns were destin for Eagle Imports and never made it. Eagle Imports may have filed a complaint, but it looks like they were caught pretty shortly after he stole the 145 guns off the line. The first Bersa's were stolen in May and they were in custody by the end of May. Some how they got out of the shipping facility.

Hey they are in custody and will probably spend quite some time in jail for their offense.

The guys on the street weren't too smart, they could have gone to the store or sent their woman to the store, or a gun show and bought them cheaper than they were getting them in the projects.
    The first gun was stolen last October. And yes, they weren't too smart, but buying a gun legally has a paper trail. Besides, its not like the guys buying those guns have went and checked retail prices.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Yes, it was in October, but one package with one gun is much different than 145 guns in a few days going missing. Fed Ex does loose packages, so the one gun probably wasn't that big of a flag to them.

Apparently the people around where the guns were being sold were smarter than the guys selling them in this case. In many instances gun shows do not result in any paperwork being filed on the owner if it is a "private" sale, or other private individual sales, only from FFL's, ie the gun show loophole.

Anyway I hope they are able to find some of the guns sold to gang bangers and get them off the street before any innocent people are killed with them.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Isn't this the very reason UPS and FedEx use for their self-imposed overnight shipping of a handgun to most of us normal folks? Where does THEIR responsibility lie?
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by NKMG19 View Post
    I once had to chase down a UPS truck on Interstate 95 because his back door was open and left a trail of boxes on the highway about a quarter mile long. He was pissed.
    same thing happened to me except I could catch up with the USP truck so I called the 800# and gave themt he tracking number of the packing slip. I explained that the orginal wrapping paper was torn almost off and it was marked with a red plus sign. They informed me to open the box to see what was inside so I opened the box and It was a human toe, yes a human toe packed in dry ice. So they took me to stay right where I was they were sending a special truck to pick-up the package. You have no idea how long it took for them to send a tow-truck.

EW3
    I guess that explains why certain Bersa .380s are so hard to come by.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Isn't this the very reason UPS and FedEx use for their self-imposed overnight shipping of a handgun to most of us normal folks? Where does THEIR responsibility lie?
    You are correct. Firearms must be shipped Priority Overnight. They don't want guns setting around their facilities any longer than necessary.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Can you say "extended vacation?"...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I worked for FedEx (11 years) and we had incidents where couriers would load their delivery trucks with TV's and things of that nature as they were coming down the conveyor belt. They didn't scan them of course and during the course of their delivery route, they would meet up with a friend who would take the TV from them. The only record of the TV would be a scan of it showing it made it into the station from the airport and that's it. Management finally caught on and the feds were brought in. They got caught. Did a search of their homes and found all kinds of unopened packages (TV's, Stereos, etc...) still with the tracking numbers on them. B.U.S.T.E.D!

Another time a station manager stayed until after everyone had left. He then packed a truck full of freight that was going out the next day. Drove the truck out of the building and parked it in a parking lot near the airport and left it there. His plan was to have a friend pick it up but the cops spotted it before the friend could get it. B.U.S.T.E.D!

Links