New Gun

New Gun

This is a discussion on New Gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've decided I'll probably be getting a new gun in a month or so if all goes well. I'm pretty sure I want a H&K ...

Thread: New Gun

New Gun

I've decided I'll probably be getting a new gun in a month or so if all goes well.

I'm pretty sure I want a H&K - either a USPc or P2000. I don't think either will be my carry gun as I'll likely be sticking with my XDsc. This purchase is mainly for fun and so I can own one of those sexy pieces of work.

So, which one do you guys recommend?

I carry the P2000 in .40 and my cousin carries a USPc .40. Size wise they are pretty darn close. Either one is a fine gun. The best answer I can give, is whichever fits you better. They are both great, so you can't go wrong either way.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

My shootin' buddy has two of the HK USPc pistols and he makes me green with envy each time we go shooting. If I could find the right configuration, it would be my next purchase. Though I really liked my XD, if you get the USP, don't be surprised if it ends up edging out the XD for EDC.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

The P2000 is on my short list to purchase!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

USP compact

I've had this USP 40c for about 3 years and it is one of my favorites. I keep it in a steel box next to my computer as a home defense gun. It has been absolutely reliable through over 1000 rounds, and fits my hand well. I have also carried it on occasion.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Damn, you guys aren't making it easy! ;)

I've shot both and love them both so that only makes it a tougher choice.

That's one awesome USP, pogo.

Flip a coin or buy both of them!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    Flip a coin or buy both of them!!

NCH
    Oh how I'd love to buy both! If only they weren't so expensive! I know it'll be worth it though. I'm starting to lean towards the USP, but I'm still doing some research and I still have some time to decide.

I have a USP in every caliber! 2 of several of them, in fact!! I don't like the LEM trigger (which is what the P2000 comes with, I understand), so it'd be an easy choice for me. I also don't care for the single recoil spring on the USPc. If it's not going to be a carry gun, go full size! The USP45 is surgically accurate, and the others don't fare too badly.

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Unless you want a .45, the p2000 wins (did for me, anyway).with its 4 choices of backstraps. If you are even considering the pistol for carry, the p2k has a less blocky slide, and the v3 has the decocker out of the way, making it more slim (read comfortable). If you want a 9, 357, or 40, the choice seems easy. Then again, if I wanted a similarly sized .45, the hk45c is my choice.

Call CDNN for the USP or p2k, they have ridiculously good prices on both, last time I checked.

Sponsored Links