Defensive Carry banner

Trigger Job?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  CombatEffective 
#1 ·
Anyone here ever get a Trigger Job for any of their guns? Just what did this do? What lb pull did you go to?

What lb trigger pull is recommended?

#2 ·
my ruger SP101 has a DA pull of 9.5 lbs, maybe the preveous owner had it worked?? I don't know. It all depends what gun your having it done to, a 1911 with a nice clean break at 4.5 lbs is defently something to write home about IMHO. MY SA mill-spec breaks at 6.5, and my Colt XSE commander breaks at 5, and The XSE is a dream to shoot, I can't recomend it enough :smile:

#4 ·
ArmyCop said:
Anyone here ever get a Trigger Job for any of their guns? Just what did this do? What lb pull did you go to?

What lb trigger pull is recommended?
A revolver should NOT have a trigger pull that is less than 9 pounds to ensure consistent primer detonation on hard primers like CCI. My gunsmith did this when he smoothed the trigger pull on my Ruger SP101.

I have actually raised the trigger pull on one of my 1911's to a crisp five pounds with an over-travel stop. With the over-travel stop, it actually seemed to be a lighter pull.

#5 ·
Id like to get a trigger job on my GP-100. I still have to get a trigger job on my G2 Contender.

All of my Ruger rifles has a Timmeny Trigger, with a 3lb pull, exept my 10/22 which has a VQ sear. I should send my H&R .223 back to the factory, to get a trigger job someday.

Im satisfied with the trigger on all of my other firearms.

#6 ·
The guy I bought my M28-2 from had had work done - bobbed hammer, chamfered chamber mouths - and, trigger work.

Obviously this was to be a DA only and whatever was done was superb. I did tweak the mainspring screw in barely a quarter turn because it did not like CCI primers but tho poundage went up marginally - it is so, so smooth that actual poundage is unimportant - gliding over hot butter removes poundage awareness, almost!

I have done trigger work myself in past - primarily smoothing - no changing of angles or metal removal - pure polishing. I am not actually bothered by poundage per se - I do tho like smooth and no creep - that makes for consistency, control and so then feeds back into accuracy.

This is that M28-2 - with CT's - it is a dream to shoot and even with fully stoked .357's can be fired quite rapid with good control - I did carry it for some weeks last year.

I have not done much to any semi's, except for removing mag disconnect on my BHP Practical.

#7 ·
I've done several .45 government models. I really saw no need to go below 4 lbs.
I've built 2 .50 BMG's that have 2.5 pound triggers.

My .44 Anaconda has an adjustable trigger set at 2.5 pounds. All I had to do was adjust the factory setscrew.

Same with the Contender. Simple set screw adjustment put it right at 2.5.

Now that I think of it...my stainless XSE didnt need it. Breaks at 4.1 right out of the box.

#8 ·
HG - to avoid thread drift - may I ask you to take a peek shortly at a thread in this froum - re your .50 BMG builds - would like to hear about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.