When buying a gun, have you ever considered what a jury might think?

This is a discussion on When buying a gun, have you ever considered what a jury might think? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "I have considered as much and given it long and serious thought." I have to ask, why so much thought and why would it be ...

View Poll Results: When buying a gun, have you ever considered what a jury might think?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

37 13.21%
  • No

241 86.07%
  • N/A: I would never buy a firearm.

1 0.36%
  • N/A: I only own hunting firearms.

0 0%
  • N/A: I would not use a gun in SD.

1 0.36%
  • N/A: I only own hunting firearms & I would not use a gun in SD.

0 0%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: When buying a gun, have you ever considered what a jury might think?

"I have considered as much and given it long and serious thought."

I have to ask, why so much thought and why would it be assumed that that respondents would have answered opposite?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    "I have considered as much and given it long and serious thought."

I have to ask, why so much thought and why would it be assumed that that respondents would have answered opposite?
    I answered your second question within the same statement from which you read the source of your query.
    To the first, thought because it matters as per end results that often occur when GGs find themselves on stand being judged by their peers as to whether they are a BG or not.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    ...As based on very many threads and discussions toward this exact same subject in regard to defensive hardware alone of all sorts I am very much surprised that the respondent percentages are what they are.
    I'd have expected the results to be the opposite of what is being reported.

- Janq
    Could be that a majority of the people are fed up with the criminal activities, and the FUBAR justice system.

Unless you are willing to do the hours upon hours of research, relocate every election to a gun friendly DA territory...I think most of us are of the "I'll take my chances, I just want to survive and make damn sure I make the right decision when it counts."
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

nope. no, of course not, and I don't care what they think !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    LongRider,

If your atty is just sitting there listening to the prosecutor make that speach without objecting on different grounds like irrelevance, no facts in evidence, the prosecutors liberal license about your mindset [ which has not been established through your testimony ],

get another atty asap.

DA's and prosecutors might try that crap on the courts, but any good atty will shoot that stuff full of holes and get the judge to insist he stick to facts in evidence long before he finishes that speach.

No I don't pick guns based on what a jury will think. First of all, I don't know what a jury will think, and neither do they until they here the "facts" of the case as presented by my atty.

Brownie
    Exactly. I think my attorney was saying that is the kind of closing the persecutor would be looking for or maybe opening statement (no objections allowed). The object as you said was to assure that your lawyer is good enough to discredit all of those arguments so that they would never be used in closing. Or if brought up in opening so discredited by the end of trial that the persecutor looks like a clown.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I'm not really sure if they can bring a gun collection into court as exibit A - Z, but I think it has been done. I don't have anything to refrence (maybe you lawyers out there know).

Reasons I have not purchased a AR-15 or AK-47:

1st: I'm a hunter and I have a CCW. Neither of these weapons would work for me in function. Only funtion would be for SHTF (even then, I own enough guns that I could not carry them all).

2nd: Home SD. They are both fine weapons, but I would rather have a loaded shotgun for home SD or pistol.

3rd: Cost & where I live. There is a decent price tag to these firearms and I don't own a range or live on a ranch were I could enjoy them. Shooting cost are high and range time is limited.

4th: About here I start considering legal costs. A justified SD situation would already cost me enough. There are a lot of SD situations were the only two people who know what really happened is an injured or dead BG & the citizen with the gun. I don't want to complicate matters.

Judge me as you will, just a factor (lower on the list, but something I consider).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links