View Poll Results: Are there too many liberal firearm regulations?

This is a discussion on View Poll Results: Are there too many liberal firearm regulations? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I started a poll / thread yesterday that was closed. I'm cool with that. I just want to give my $.02 Most caught on and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I started a poll / thread yesterday that was closed. I'm cool with that.

I just want to give my $.02

Most caught on and asked me to define "liberal." That was the point I was trying to make. Wanted to also point out the term "too many."

If you said yes, there are "too many" "liberal" firearms regulations, that would be stating you think there should be greater gun regulation.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    I am seeing a trend in your posts, and I do not know you...but the 2 threads I have read seem to hold the more gun regulation theme.

Likely not a popular viewpoint in this forum.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Administrator
    Sorry to point out your trickery in the second post of the thread.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by Free American View Post
    I am seeing a trend in your posts, and I do not know you...but the 2 threads I have read seem to hold the more gun regulation theme.

Likely not a popular viewpoint in this forum.
    There is talk (all that can be done on a forum) and there is action. I know how far I am willing to go to protect my rights. Call me what ever you want, you will not catch me unarmed.

When it comes to politics and laws, sometimes herd tatctics work, the not so silent minority. Everyone gets together and has an open carry day in a MI town. Other times your out numbered, and you make the best of with what you can. Like saving and buying a gun because you think a ban is on the way.

If I'm out numbered on the forum, NBD. At least I get to sharpen what skills (however limited) I have.

I don't mind gun regulations at all, as long as they are reasonable. I'm not trading freedom for safety. I don't need to be RPG ready. I live in the burbs and am a pro-hunter. Wife and I both carry.

I don't want neighbors shooting guns in the air at 12 AM new year's day or 11:30 PM because the Wings won. Not sure how I feel about everyone having an open-carry pistol on their hip, but I'll listen. But most of all, I don't want to be without a gun in a knife fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    I don't mind gun regulations at all, as long as they are reasonable. I'm not trading freedom for safety. I don't need to be RPG ready. I live in the burbs and am a pro-hunter. Wife and I both carry.

I don't want neighbors shooting guns in the air at 12 AM new year's day or 11:30 PM because the Wings won. Not sure how I feel about everyone having an open-carry pistol on their hip, but I'll listen. But most of all, I don't want to be without a gun in a knife fight.

Unfortunately "reasonable" is not determined by you and me...and I'm not sure you and I have the same definition of reasonable.

I believe if someone is not legally prohibited from owning a firearm should have the option to open carry or concealed carry. Guns should NOT be registered/inspected or otherwise known to LE (just as they do not know how many knives or screwdrivers I own).

The scenario you outlined is not about gun control...and I agree with your sentiments.

But I believe there are too many gun laws on the books
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Apologies up front if they are warranted. I never saw the original post/thread, whatever. I'm just working off statements already supplied. Secondly....every man must stand fast in his ideals no matter what the odds, and especially in the face of despair. If we don't do that, our ideals are likely unfounded.

Other times your out numbered, and you make the best of with what you can
    By honor, duty, faith, the Hand of God, or love for our Country, most of us are here, and have made past, present, or future commitments to make sure 'that' NEVER happens! (to be outnumbered)

There is talk (all that can be done on a forum) and there is action.
    Most of us here have already been in 'action', currently in action, taken action, or pursuing action at the present time. We "talk" here because we are not outnumbered, and it's not only allowed, but enticed to further everyone's knowledge.

I don't mind gun regulations at all, as long as they are reasonable. I'm not trading freedom for safety.
    How many "reasonable" gun regulations that have been made, have made an impact as to what they were designed for? Who has made any of the currently standing regulations concerning guns "reasonable"? Those proposing and making the regulations.........................or the American people who's reasoning is well intact but under attack?

I don't mind gun regulations at all, as long as they are reasonable. I'm not trading freedom for safety.
    I'm not trading freedom for safety

I'm almost sure the rest of the forum would agree when I say that I personally don't think those two phrases even belong in the same sentence. IMO, that's exactly why we are where we are today, and why we might be arguing the point. At first it was portrayed to the masses as regulations made for the safety of all. Anyone can see where we all are today. The record speaks for itself, and even the anti crowd can't deny this any longer, and we all know they are willing to stoop way low in their attempts, similar to a religious fanatic who would rather die in belief rather than to know the truth. Only the strongest men in their morals are able to see through the shadows cast by evil in it's pitiful attempt to totally conquer the human soul. It's conquests have been portrayed ten fold, world wide in order to shadow the truth. This is as was written from the beginning of time. It's soul purpose is to weaken the mind, and human spirit. One either subscribes to the newspaper, or they make their own news. Welcome to the live, local, news. Updated all the time, anytime, on your time.

RamRod,

+1,000!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Senior Moderator
    Dang it Ramrod,
    you nearly made me tear up.

You need to come down here and shoot with me sometime.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Apologies up front if they are warranted. I never saw the original post/thread, whatever. I'm just working off statements already supplied. Secondly....every man must stand fast in his ideals no matter what the odds, and especially in the face of despair. If we don't do that, our ideals are likely unfounded.

By honor, duty, faith, the Hand of God, or love for our Country, most of us are here, and have made past, present, or future commitments to make sure 'that' NEVER happens! (to be outnumbered)

Most of us here have already been in 'action', currently in action, taken action, or pursuing action at the present time. We "talk" here because we are not outnumbered, and it's not only allowed, but enticed to further everyone's knowledge.

How many "reasonable" gun regulations that have been made, have made an impact as to what they were designed for? Who has made any of the currently standing regulations concerning guns "reasonable"? Those proposing and making the regulations.........................or the American people who's reasoning is well intact but under attack?

I'm not trading freedom for safety

I'm almost sure the rest of the forum would agree when I say that I personally don't think those two phrases even belong in the same sentence. IMO, that's exactly why we are where we are today, and why we might be arguing the point. At first it was portrayed to the masses as regulations made for the safety of all. Anyone can see where we all are today. The record speaks for itself, and even the anti crowd can't deny this any longer, and we all know they are willing to stoop way low in their attempts, similar to a religious fanatic who would rather die in belief rather than to know the truth. Only the strongest men in their morals are able to see through the shadows cast by evil in it's pitiful attempt to totally conquer the human soul. It's conquests have been portrayed ten fold, world wide in order to shadow the truth. This is as was written from the beginning of time. It's soul purpose is to weaken the mind, and human spirit. One either subscribes to the newspaper, or they make their own news. Welcome to the live, local, news. Updated all the time, anytime, on your time.
    I think Ram Rod should get some sort of prize for this post.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Ram Rod I agree with you 1,000,000% Well stated my friend. well stated.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Free American
    I believe the trend is word games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanis
    Most caught on and asked me to define "liberal." That was the point I was trying to make. Wanted to also point out the term "too many."
    We aren't as dumb as we look.
    If I'm out numbered on the forum, NBD. At least I get to sharpen what skills (however limited) I have.
    It seems you may be here just to argue?
    I don't mind gun regulations at all, as long as they are reasonable.
    Who determines reasonable?
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I believe the trend is word games.

We aren't as dumb as we look.

It seems you may be here just to argue?

Who determines reasonable?
    AMEN!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Great RamRod, amazingly well said. I couldn't agree with you more.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I believe that liberal availability and use of firearms for defensive situations is a good thing. In that sense, I'm a "liberal." And, in that sense, there are far too many attempts at demeaning that liberty, worldwide.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post

I don't want neighbors shooting guns in the air at 12 AM new year's day or 11:30 PM because the Wings won.
    That does not sound at all unreasonable to me, as a matter of fact, I don't want my neighbors shooting guns into the air at ANY time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links