New long gun

New long gun

This is a discussion on New long gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well this is my first new long gun purchase. I've had a couple vintage rifles but this is the first new one. I guess I'm ...

Thread: New long gun

New long gun

Well this is my first new long gun purchase. I've had a couple vintage rifles but this is the first new one. I guess I'm addicted. ;)

There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Quote Originally Posted by cpmiv View Post
    Well this is my first new long gun purchase. I've had a couple vintage rifles but this is the first new one. I guess I'm addicted. ;)

Very nice. How about the particulars?

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

AND SAY...........WHAT IS IT?
    At first glance it looked like a VTR to me. Maybe it's just the stock?

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    Very nice. How about the particulars?

Hoss
    Yeah...so how 'bout it?

Sorry. I've been cleaning it to get the packing gunk out.

Remington 700 in 308
    26" Barrel
    Leupold scope rings
    "Inexpensive" Glass I've had for a couple of years
    Harris Bi pod

VTR had a nicer barrel I think. They had one but only in 22 - 250 (I'm not that familiar with the smaller faster cartridges)

Didn't get a chance to even put holes in paper yet. It was either go to the range or take the kids to see Clone Wars. I opted to make as many people happy as possible. I was a pretty good movie. I'll post some range shots after next Monday when I get a chance for some trigger time.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

What do you hunt?

Nice looking rifle, how does it handle.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

I've never hunted before. I've always wanted to but no one in my family is a hunter. I'll probably go this year, a friend who is a hunter said he'd take me along. Just deer though, we don't have anything too big here south of Pitt.

As for how it handles I'll post some shots after I get out to the range next Monday.

Just don't take it into any hotels in Denver this week
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Just don't take it into any hotels in Denver this week
    Not to worry none of them are worth it.

Besides that would only give them "fuel for the fire" so to speak.

CP, Nice rifle. Hehe it looks kinda, kinda like mine . Mine is a shooter, but have since made some mods to it. Stock and trigger changed. Out of the box it shot a little under an inch, with the changes and my own reloads, it shoots .5in, sometimes under. I put a Nikon Monarch on it atop EGW base and Burris XTR rings. Have you shot yours yet? How did it go?

SY

I got it for a long range rifle course I want to take. That and something to hit the 600 yard (or meter I'm not sure) at the range I go to. I'm hoping to take it out tomorrow and break it in so after that I'll post to tell how it goes. I've only got a "cheap" glass on it right now but I'm saving up for a Leupold.

Got out to the range for a bit the other night, just to break in the barrel. Got about 20 rounds through it before it got too dark to see the cleaning supplies. The scope wasn't too far off just a little low but I wasn't messing with it, just throwing lead down range to smooth it out.

Sponsored Links