New Glock 26, Brass landing all over the place

This is a discussion on New Glock 26, Brass landing all over the place within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Pick up my 26 on Friday and put 200 rounds through it on Saturday. I'm very please with the gun, it is a good shooter. ...

Thread: New Glock 26, Brass landing all over the place

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar

New Glock 26, Brass landing all over the place

Pick up my 26 on Friday and put 200 rounds through it on Saturday. I'm very please with the gun, it is a good shooter. I was shooting 115 gr Blazer Brass and a box of 147 Gr HST. All fed very well and had no malfunctions. I had some brass come down on the bill of my cap, probably 2 out of every 10 shots while shooting the Blazer Brass. It wasn't every shot, most shots it ejected like it should have.

Is this something typical of the glocks until they break in?

Any ideas?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
    Pick up my 26 on Friday and put 200 rounds through it on Saturday. I'm very please with the gun, it is a good shooter. I was shooting 115 gr Blazer Brass and a box of 147 Gr HST. All fed very well and had no malfunctions. I had some brass come down on the bill of my cap, probably 2 out of every 10 shots while shooting the Blazer Brass. It wasn't every shot, most shots it ejected like it should have.

Is this something typical of the glocks until they break in?

Any ideas?
    I have several broken in Glocks. They are all sporadic in where they choose to lay their spent cases. It may be ammunition manufacturer or a game of chance. I figure 80% of the time mine lay them down close to the same area no matter what. My SIG lays everything down in the same area 100% of the time. What does it all mean? When you're saving your brass and shooting a Glock, you'll have to work a little bit harder. Glock on!

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I have several broken in Glocks. They are all sporadic in where they choose to lay their spent cases. It may be ammunition manufacturer or a game of chance. I figure 80% of the time mine lay them down close to the same area no matter what. My SIG lays everything down in the same area 100% of the time. What does it all mean? When you're saving your brass and shooting a Glock, you'll have to work a little bit harder. Glock on!
    Thanks Ram Rod! I was hoping you would answer. It's not a big deal at all (until I get one down the shirt) *L*, I was just wondering if it usually quits after awhile.

I notice a few strays from mine every trip to the range. Nothing I would be worried about.
    OD G19 || G26 || OD KT P3AT

<g> Every GLOCK I've seen or shot spits brass back at the shooter when he's not using enough grip strength. Give it about 10% more grip power and they should start flying back and left in no time.

I agree--if it's functioning properly and you're hitting, don't sweat the load! If you don't like the brass shower you're getting, crank down on the grip half a notch and the problem will go away.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

I can lay my ball cap in the right spot and catch better than 80% of the brass from my Hi-Power.
    My G17 is as consistent in its brass placement as a fat man spittin' watermelon seeds.
    I have in the past pegged down a tarp on my right hand side to help recover brass or at least to keep the grass from gobbling it up!
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Links