AR15's are the #1 selling disaster item in New Orleans! - Page 2

AR15's are the #1 selling disaster item in New Orleans!

This is a discussion on AR15's are the #1 selling disaster item in New Orleans! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Tubbys doing a group buy on stripped lowers for around 90.00 shipped to your ffl,that and a rifle kit costing around 500.00 and you can ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AR15's are the #1 selling disaster item in New Orleans!

Tubbys doing a group buy on stripped lowers for around 90.00 shipped to your ffl,that and a rifle kit costing around 500.00 and you can build your own ar15,As far as any disaster I think I'm pretty set I got a complement of 4 AR 15's ,an AR 10,mini 30,5 12 gauge shotguns 3 semis 1 O/U 1 pump,and a lot of handguns.with copious amounts of reloaded ammo for all
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Nope. The idiots of N.O. apparently out number the decent folk there.
    Even dumber than Arkies?

I apologize in advance - but have you ever heard about "Do unto others....."
    A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable
    to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by libertarian5 View Post
    Even dumber than Arkies?

Now what's that supposed to mean? I mean if I may be so blunt as to ask? Dumber than Arkies?

Me? I'd say to heck with plywood too.......no future in it, especially after it gets wet. I say canned goods and ammunition ARE the future stock market. By the looks of things, arms and ammo are outperforming the stock market. Who's being dumb?

FWIW, I don't think the folks of N.O. are "idiots" any more than I think the folks in Arkansas are "dumb".

I DO think some folks post some stuff that is in really bad taste here, and I was trying to point that out.
    A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable
    to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Tubbys doing a group buy on stripped lowers for around 90.00 shipped to your ffl,that and a rifle kit costing around 500.00 and you can build your own ar15,As far as any disaster I think I'm pretty set I got a complement of 4 AR 15's ,an AR 10,mini 30,5 12 gauge shotguns 3 semis 1 O/U 1 pump,and a lot of handguns.with copious amounts of reloaded ammo for all
    If SHTF can I come hang out with you?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member
    I'll bet that firearm sales in and around NO are very good, and I'm happy to hear that the citizens are willing to protect themselves in a big way, and they have my support 100%. However I'd bet that either gasoline, food, or water is actually the #1 selling disaster item in NO right now. Both of my kids live in Baton Rouge, yesterday my son said that he can easily tell that folks are antsy, running to the stores, gassing up, etc. As well they should be, though it's better to be pre-prepared isn't it preppers?

I think that Gov Jindal is ahead of the curve in preps. Maybe he's looked at ex-gov Blanco's playbook and is doing the opposite.

I believe the State has already opened the designated hurricane shelters, activated state employees, alerted the Nat'l Guard, etc. etc. I have no idea of the status of NO.

I wonder how shotgun and buckshot sales are doing there?
    Last edited by ppkheat; August 28th, 2008 at 05:52 PM. Reason: paragraphs
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Blanco's playbook was empty...with a big "blame everyone else" in the middle of the book.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

FWIW, I don't think the folks of N.O. are "idiots" any more than I think the folks in Arkansas are "dumb".

I DO think some folks post some stuff that is in really bad taste here, and I was trying to point that out.
    Gotchya. That can happen anywhere.

Actually, HotGuns calling that certain segment of the N.O. population "idiots" was pretty darn mild in my opinion. Low-life parasitic scum would be a more accurate description IMO. I can still see the images of the rampant looting that took place there during Katrina in my mind.

Happy to hear the citizens of N.O. are preparing appropriately!
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    Even dumber than Arkies?
    Perhaps. But remember, dumb people are everywhere.

No need to apologize at all.

Are you talking about "do unto others and split?"

I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Martial Archer View Post
    Actually, HotGuns calling that certain segment of the N.O. population "idiots" was pretty darn mild in my opinion. Low-life parasitic scum would be a more accurate description IMO. I can still see the images of the rampant looting that took place there during Katrina in my mind.

Happy to hear the citizens of N.O. are preparing appropriately!
    Once some of you have some real life experiences with how your fellow human beings act in certain situations, you'll come close to loathing people in general as much as I do. It's really sickening some times to know what our fellow man will do, and most of the time, the thoughts of survival aren't even a factor. Every time I look at a person, I know deep down what they are capable of no matter their outward appearances or demeanor, and it disgusts me. Each and everyone you meet on the street, under the right circumstances, would kill you without blinking an eye for the last piece of meat. Remember that, and make your own island in the sand. Trust nobody.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Army 22rpr you think anyone making over 45k is rich ? You must not be raising any kids.It costs 19k to send them to a state school.If you live in a state like Maine where there's no public transportation you need to buy them a car another $8,000.I worked two jobs for 25 years and made a great deal more than that because I wanted my children to have a better life than I ever have.One is done college,one has two years to go!And I am burnt out!

VIP Member
    One thing to remember when talking about New Orleans is often the term New Orleans is used not to refer to the city itself, but rather to the greater New Orleans area. In 2000 New Orleans proper had about 485,000 people, but the New Orleans Metro Area had a population of about 1.02 million. New Orleans itself had less than half the population of the metro area. The metro area includes not only Orleans Parish, but St. Bernard, Jefferson, St. Charles, and Plaquemines parishes. Ray Nagin is the mayor of only the city of New Orleans. Places like Metairie which is and unincorporated area in Jefferson Parish has a population of over 150,000. Kenner in Jefferson Parish has over 70,000. Chalmette, Marrero, and Terrytown all have populations of over 25,000 each. When discussing New Orleans it is important to remember that there is much more to New Orleans the metro area than there is to New Orleans the city.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Senior Moderator
    And when the illustrious mayor of New Orleans city got on TV and made a speech shortly after Katrina devastated and flooded the lower parts of the city, his main concern was to make sure that Bourbon Street would be ready for the next Madi-Gras.

That told me plenty right there.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

I heard a report the other day stating that there are 14,000 N.Orleans still living on the government dole today, three years after Katrina. Deadbeats if you ask me.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links