AR15's are the #1 selling disaster item in New Orleans! - Page 4

AR15's are the #1 selling disaster item in New Orleans!

This is a discussion on AR15's are the #1 selling disaster item in New Orleans! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 Stay armed...carry a gun not an electric chair...stay safe! Nice statement there!...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: AR15's are the #1 selling disaster item in New Orleans!

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

Stay armed...carry a gun not an electric chair...stay safe!
    Nice statement there!
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    I remember in 98 when we had the great ice storm we didn't get hardly any help from our government.We depended on ourselves to get us by when we had no power ,water.I remember my family showering at the college I worked at because they had power and water.My losses were $7500 total for equipment and lost food in freezer and fridge.I remember praying to God and asking for extra work so I could replace all my losses and I had extra 3 accounts within two weeks.They just came out of nowhere and losses were replaced in no time ! No government intervention up here ! I just think the mindset is different in the North than the South.
    I wouldn't equate it to north vs south. NO and the South are two very separate beasts...and yes I do realize that geographically speaking that NO is in the "South".
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Bouquett View Post
    I wish I could afford a BAR!!
    LOL Yeah, that'd be cool... But too heavy to lug around!

M1 Garand is good enough for me. Still rapid fire, Still 30.06. Someday, I'd love to have one.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    CMP is selling Garands at a good price, get a service grade and don't look back.

Gotta love it........ Day before yesterday the mayor was on T.V. telling everyone to get out, and if you don't, don't call for help because there will be no one here to rescue you. They also said there would be no "shelters of last resort" inside the city.
    Tonight on the news footage of Guardsmen in HMMWVs parking in front of a guys house and offering him and his family rides to the convention center because the water is overtopping the Industrial Canal levee and they think his neighborhood might flood.
    So I am trying to figure out if the mayor was lying, or just ignorant of emergency operations in his own city, or was he over ruled and he really isn't in control of what is going on there?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    So I am trying to figure out if the mayor was lying, or just ignorant of emergency operations in his own city, or was he over ruled and he really isn't in control of what is going on there?
    D: All of the above
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Found this photo on Yahoo of a guy protecting a car dealership (I think) from looters:

Hurricane Gustav - Yahoo! News Photos

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Senior Moderator
    That ought to do it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbiker View Post
    The people of NO re-elected him. I don't have pitty for them. It's like some bad codependant relationship.
    I'am with you, they re-elected him, they well get no pitty from me.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Originally Posted by Army22rpr View Post
    I think, we need to take the AR15's out of the hands of the rich(those making over 45K) and redistribute them out so that all may be blessed.

I figure $45k is by no means rich these days.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Originally Posted by Army22rpr View Post
    I think, we need to take the AR15's out of the hands of the rich(those making over 45K) and redistribute them out so that all may be blessed.
    I figure $45k is by no means rich these days.
    (RR - I fixed your quote tags)

I make over $45k, and you're welcome to try to take mine (I am also by no means "rich")

That's the wonderful thing about AR's - they're making lots more of them, so everybody can have one. I know I had mine close by over the weekend.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

"Nope. The idiots of N.O. apparently out number the decent folk there. The 4th and 5th generation welfare recipients that are too lazy to help themselves are the ones that elected him."

PC or not...The truth has been spoken.
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Quote Originally Posted by billfromtx View Post
    "Nope. The idiots of N.O. apparently out number the decent folk there. The 4th and 5th generation welfare recipients that are too lazy to help themselves are the ones that elected him."

PC or not...The truth has been spoken.
    +1 Majority RULES

It never ceases to amaze me how hurricanes are suddenly a federal problem, basically yet another fault of George W. Bush. prior to his electioin such matters were always state government problems, handled by the governors of their respective states. The only role the President played was to declare the affected area a disaster area to qualify for emergency federal funding from congress. But thats OK, because since Katrina we changed out governors in louisiana, and the response to the storm this time was a lot different.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links