Building an AR...

Building an AR...

This is a discussion on Building an AR... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Have developed an itch to build my first AR. are the LMT products like uppers and lowers considered top-tier? Will parts from different manufacturers and ...

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

Building an AR...

Have developed an itch to build my first AR. are the LMT products like uppers and lowers considered top-tier? Will parts from different manufacturers and vendors be "drop in" fit? Will I need any particular gunsmithing skills? I consider myself a decent mechanic and a pretty good model builder. Can anyone direct me to a site that gives a full breakdown of each & every required part that I would need to buy. Thanks in advance for you input and your help.

Lead Moderator
    LMT is considered a good company. Near the top if not the top of the line. Any makers standard parts (trigger group, bolt, carrier ect ) should drop in and fit with out grinding, or fitment. I built my Stag lower in about 20 minutes really taking my time. Its so simple most anyone can do so.
    installing a barrel and extension takes some special tools( something I have not done) but is doable too.
    Check out AR15.COM for step by step pics and instructions on how to build as well as lots of advice on parts, ect.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

tubbys got a group buy going on lowers might take a look and see if ya want one
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links