SA comparisons please look

This is a discussion on SA comparisons please look within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What's the differents between these two? Far as I can tell are the sights and finish maybe? I assume these would be good starter 1911s. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SA comparisons please look

SA comparisons please look

What's the differents between these two? Far as I can tell are the sights and finish maybe?

I assume these would be good starter 1911s.

Which would you pick, not so much for carry, but possible, and home defense.

I have two Glocks already, and would like change and some variety.

Springfield SRVC 45SS Package for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $769.00

Springfield SRVC TGT TNS 45BSS Package for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $1,005.00

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    The blackened stainless also has a magwell, of the two I'd take the stainless loaded, no muss no fuss finish and I prefer fixed sights to the adjustable sights.

The magwell is a matter of personal preference and I don't think the different sights, finish, and magwell justify the cost difference between the two models.

There are some that would take the blackened stainless only because "It won't be as bright in the dark" But the blackened stainless still has polished flats that will reflect light just the same.

Thanks JD, I respect your knowledge and opinion!

I think Bud's may need a new proofreader:
    Action ----- Single / Double
    Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

I have the stainless loaded model and have been extremely pleased with this gun. I have had a trigger job done along with having the springfield adjustable sights and just recently an Ed Brown magwell installed. This is my IDPA pistol.

Also along with the loaded above, I'd like to purchase a SA XD or Smith and Wesson M&P.

Like to just see how the grip angles are compared to the Glocks. I own a 23 and a 26, so wanna mix it up and get some exposure to something new.

I have the xd 40 and my wife has the xd9 sc. It seems it hard for me to leave the Springfield family.

I hear alot about the natural grip angle on the XD, so hey maybe I'll grab a 9mm 4" Service model.

Ten round mag limit of course, stinks!!

The blackened stainless finish is one that I personally think looks really nice. Not an extra $300 nice, but nice none the less. JD is usually right about 1911's (I haven't seen him be wrong). I agree with him - go for the stainless.

On the polymer issue:

I've got an XD9 Service model with over 13,000 rounds through it. All I've had to change out is a single mag spring (though I'm close to a new recoil spring). I've only had a malfunction with Wolf ammo, and it took more than 250 rounds before a FTE occurred. I've used other types of cheap ammo, and never had a jam (PMC, Monarch, S&B, WWB, etc...).

I also have a M&P .40 that sitting on my hip in a Fobus paddle holster as I type. It fits my hand like a glove, and feeds what I give it. Once I learned how to properly handle the .40 S&W, it runs like a champ. Accurate, and once I changed my grip, it has a perceived recoil just a little sharper than 9MM.
    The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of a grip safety - you pull the trigger, it goes bang. I've gotten in the habit of releasing the grip safety on both my Springers (also have the .45 Service) when I holster them. With the M&P, I have to be very careful that my shirt doesn't get caught in the trigger guard when I holster it. It's no different than a Glock though - and no matter the safety features, you should always have caution when holstering your weapon.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

As far as the SS reflecting light when I was an LEO it was a non issue we carried SS handguns,In todays situations you may run into, a shiny pistol will not be a factor by the time it comes into play.And like JD said on a carry gun adjustable sights aren't needed my SA 1911-A1 Stainless shoots to point of aim
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    I'd ditto JD.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

One more opinion please?
    Compared to the Springfields above, Thanks, I know we have 1911 folks here that know them well.

Smith & Wesson SW1911 108303 45ACP 5IN Stainless for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $803.00

Also, the blackened stainless gun had match-type adjustable rear sights. The regular stainless model had a Novak-style rear sight.

-JT

Thanks all, I went ahead and placed the order for the SS Loaded, can't wait to try it out!!

Quote Originally Posted by ghawk249 View Post
    I have the xd 40 and my wife has the xd9 sc. It seems it hard for me to leave the Springfield family.
    yep, there is just something about the SA pistols.

i just got my first 1911 - the SA EMP. i looked at the Kimber Ultra Carry up next to it and i found myself coming back to the Springy for sure. now, i've got it on the premises.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links