How is Your Significant Other? - Page 2

How is Your Significant Other?

This is a discussion on How is Your Significant Other? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My ol' lady shoots the 10/22's like machine gun Sally! She also shoots the AR-15 and the 22-250. She's used to seeing the pistols out ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How is Your Significant Other?

My ol' lady shoots the 10/22's like machine gun Sally! She also shoots the AR-15 and the 22-250. She's used to seeing the pistols out and about and knows I'm always carrying. She's not ready to carry a pistol yet, and maybe never will be. She does have the pepper spray, and me most of the time for outings.

Distinguished Member Array mavrik46's Avatar
    My wife of 31 years loves to shoot and she carries.
    Greg

It's not what you go thru in life, but how well you go thru it.

I already have credit card protection................I'm single. :D

My hats off to you married folk out there. I've been married once and swore I'd never let another woman spend anymore time than necessary on the weekends.

Therefore, I buy as many firearms as I want, I don't ask if I can, I don't have to barter for them, nor do I have I have put them away if friends come over. My friends generally bring theirs too. :D
    U.S. Army retired
    18F4VW9

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    MY WIFE OF 24YRS TIS COMMING MONTH HAS ALWAYS SHOT GOOD A SOUTH PAW AT THAT LAST TIME AT RANGE @15 yrd sheWASshooting her .380Hungarian FEG Walther KNOCKOFF but she loves it she was grouping to right 2in oo i tap sights to left dead on .I noticed she was'nt wearing her perscription glasses she put em on if i had a camera i would show you under 2inch groups her hand got tirerd used the 22 phenoxHPA 3 in barrel 3 1/2 groups she always out shoots me as far as the feg 2000+rds 3or 4 ftf very well built or lucky I shoot 3 1/2 grp @15 yrd she don't ccw but it is her car gun leagel FL. Just gose to show she always out shot me for about 30 yrs

What ?
    U.S. Army retired
    18F4VW9

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    MY WIFE OF 24YRS TIS COMMING MONTH HAS ALWAYS SHOT GOOD A SOUTH PAW AT THAT LAST TIME AT RANGE @15 yrd sheWASshooting her .380Hungarian FEG Walther KNOCKOFF but she loves it she was grouping to right 2in oo i tap sights to left dead on .I noticed she was'nt wearing her perscription glasses she put em on if i had a camera i would show you under 2inch groups her hand got tirerd used the 22 phenoxHPA 3 in barrel 3 1/2 groups she always out shoots me as far as the feg 2000+rds 3or 4 ftf very well built or lucky I shoot 3 1/2 grp @15 yrd she don't ccw but it is her car gun leagel FL. Just gose to show she always out shot me for about 30 yrs
    This is what he said

My wife and I will be married 24 years next month.She shoots left handed and the last time we were at the gun range she was shooting her Hungarian FEG .380 pistol,her groups were 2" to the left so i adjusted the sights.She wears prescription glasses and at 15 yards she was shooting groups under 2" til her hand got tired and then she switched to Phoenix Arms .22 with a 3" barrel and was shooting groups around 3.5".She is a better shot than I am and the FEG has only had a few FTF in around 2000+ rounds fired.She does not carry concealed but keeps the gun in her car and has always been a better shot than me."I think I fixed It"
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

LOL
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    So, how does your significant other feel about your hobby/obsession?
    Hmmm...

Images speak louder than words.

Now your just rubbing it in!
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

Thumbs up Keep Momma Happy

Hello All,

My SO(wife) always has supported my gun habit. When we first got

married she told me I could buy guns on one condition....we take

turns, I get one then she gets one. One of the secrets to a true

Happy relationship is "understanding" that if Momma ain't

happy nobody's happy. Thirteen years and 2 very full gun safes later

My SO enjoys our Sport and Hobby as much as I do.

Even though she shoots everything in our collection from

45/70s to Mosin Nagants, 12ga magnums to Kimber's and S&W's

j,k,l,n frames (very well) I might add, she definately has her favorites.

Her early Mini 14 and her Taurus copy of the Colt Lightning in 45LC

are certain to be present on every range trip.

It truely is a Blessing to have a Best Friend, wife and SO in one very

capable package.

Safety First....Keep your groups tight,

mM

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Hmmm...

Images speak louder than words.
    JD you gotta buy that woman a mop,2500.00 + worth of firearms ,and she's mopping the floor on her hands and knees.Even the cat looks like dude get her a mop
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I was really luck when I meet my wife 42 years ago, she hunted and fished. We hunt and shoot together and she has her CFP. I also like the rest of you are a very luck guy.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    I was sitting at home yesterday with three pistols and three spare magazines on the computer desk, typing on this forum. Sometimes they come out for pictures or to enhance my online experience. My girlfriend walked in the door from work, took one look at at all the hardware and didn't even flinch. She greeted me and walked to the kitchen without a question about the guns to make herself something to eat. It occurred to me that I am a lucky guy. When I met my girlfriend five years ago she had never held a gun and was quite scared of them. I have slowly introduced them to her caliber by caliber. She now likes the SKS the best! She plans on getting her license this year, and is very situationally aware of her surroundings. When in a shady part of town she finally stopped asking if I have "it" on me, because she knows I always do. This is a far cry from some members experiences. I have heard horror stories about wives and girlfriends who can't stand the sight of a forum members guns, let alone that they want to carry them around town. So, how does your significant other feel about your hobby/obsession? IF she was anti, and now isn't maybe you could offer some of the less fortunate some good advice?

I'm one of the lucky one's too...we got our CHL's at the same time, and now holly can't stop talking about the new Crimson Trace laser attachment for the LCP. It just came out, and we're considering picking up a couple.
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    JD you gotta buy that woman a mop,2500.00 + worth of firearms ,and she's mopping the floor on her hands and knees.Even the cat looks like dude get her a mop

Strangely enough, Lima never asked for one, we have a steam cleaner that we usually use which works much better than a mop, and has mor uses than a mop, but every now and then she gets medieval on our floors.

There are some downs to having a wife into guns as much as I am, she'll notice when I bring home something new, she steals my mags, holsters, and knives. I think the worst thing (or best thing pending on what day it is), she shows me up at the range.

A family that play's together stays together.
    U.S. Army retired
    18F4VW9

I'm one of the fortunate ones too. My wife is way more of a "hottie" than I deserve. I wonder what she sees in me sometimes.

She grew up around guns, her stepdad, & grandpa were serious hunters. Her stepbrother was a national champion junior skeet shooter and was ready for the olympic team when he just up and decided to stop shoting. (crazy if you ask me). Anyway, she had a strong respect for firearms, but never owned a gun and had never shot much until she got with me.

Now she has a rifle (that she took from me) three shotguns, and a handgun. She really likes to shoot clays. Here is a pic of her in an impromptu "best out of ten" constest between my Mom, Sister, and Aunt. She's shooting a .410 single shot, full choke. She won the contest much to my sister's dismay.

Here is a shot of her hunting. You can see the puff of feathers in the air, from the quail she just hit on nice right to left crosser with her Side-by-side 20ga.

She doesn't really care much for shooting stationary targets. She says it's boring, and likes the challenge of shooting moving targets. I have never handed her a gun yet that she couldn't fire accurately. I wouldn't want her shooting at me.

The only guns she kinda dislikes are semi-auto pistols. She says they are too complicated. She's a revolver girl through and through.
    She and I shot a round of sporting clays two weeks ago. I was going and she said "I want to go." It was fun for both of us.

She puts up with my gun and ammo collecting, hunting, bird dogs, (she has her own bird dog too), shooting club trips etc. I put up with her horse habit. Which I kinda like too.

I am a lucky man indeed.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links