How is Your Significant Other? - Page 3

How is Your Significant Other?

This is a discussion on How is Your Significant Other? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My wife of 12 years(anniversary is in 19 days),didn't take long to "adopt" my new (now her new) P89 a short while back, forcing me ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My wife of 12 years(anniversary is in 19 days),didn't take long to "adopt" my new (now her new) P89 a short while back, forcing me to buy myself a KP944. She's also told me it's time to purchase a set of "his and hers" Yugo SKS rifles, or possibly a pair of the Norinco paratrooper SKS Rifles,and a couple of thousand rounds of ammo for them. She's always commenting about needing to buy more guns,and asking if we have enough ammo around.
    Yeah,I'm gonna keep her around awhile for sure.
    JL
    Ruger KP944 40 S&W
    Ruger P89 9mm

My wife has no interest in owning her own firearm, in fact I cannot even get her to carry pepper spray! I know I know, I'm working on it.

However she is VERY supportive of me owning and carrying, and prefers it for the protection of our family.

I own a motorcycle too, and she once said that I could buy 100 guns if I sold the bike (it gets me into trouble). I was of course looking at the bike scratching my head for a while...
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Footslogger View Post
    ...I own a motorcycle too, and she once said that I could buy 100 guns if I sold the bike...
    Lessee... 1) buy a motorcycle; 2) offer to sell it if I can get some more guns... naah. But at least I'm thinking!

My beloved wife and I have been married for 20 years, and she carries every time she's out. Around the farm, she once plugged a runaway piglet (L-ear-to-R-jaw in-and-out) with her SP-101. What a blessing she is. For other reasons, too.

And our daughter is on her way, as well. Someday (hopefully after her degree) she'll make someone a great wife - she's taking Krav Maga classes, and had her roommates down to the range less than a week after arriving at college. Passed her CCW class, and her shooting impressed Officer Studley during a second course we took.

I met my wife over 30 years ago and got married 3 months to the day after we met. She already owned 6 guns then and we've gone up hill from then. After 30 years of marriage we own many more handguns, rifles and shotguns. We both retired from the Air Force and she still works on air craft as a C-17 electrician. We both have concealed weapons licenses and our 22 year old daughter is working on getting hers. My daughter was married only 11 months after we spent $16,000 on her wedding and her husband committed adultery with a woman who's husband was stationed in Iraq and then kicked my daughter out. We both had to curb our urges on how to deal with him. Having a CCW helped give us strength to not do what we felt he deserved. I knew it would look bad for those with CCWs. Also our faith in Christ helped us do what is right. I just wish her significant other was as good of person as my wife is. After 4 years of dating I would have thought they would have everything figured out.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

$16,000???? That must have been something to see! Sorry it ended so poorly!

My husband and I have both been into guns and shooting even though my background was quite anti (we didn't even shoot fireworks off on the fourth!) Our second son is named Ruger - and boy does it fit him! It is interesting to see how many people will recognize the name, and how many "well isn't that an unusual name?" comments are made. Helps weed out the sheeple...
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

"SA is a cognitive state or process associated with the assessment of multiple environmental cues in a dynamic situation" ~ Isaac

[QUOTE=2AMomma;833875]$16,000???? That must have been something to see! Sorry it ended so poorly!
    QUOTE]

Yep it was nice. Much nicer then I think it was worth but the wife and daughter were the ones that spent the money. I just wore the tux with a gun under it. It's the last time I'll spend money on a wedding. My wife and I pretty much paid for our own wedding. Her parents were pretty poor and we didn't have a lot of extra money laying around so we had the type of wedding that my daughter should have. She is a wonderful girl though and never gave me an ounce of trouble during school. She is still driving the Jimmy 4X4 I purchased for her at 16 years old and it looks like it did when I purchased it. She is 22 now and cannot purchase a new vehicle. Her sorry ex has her name tied up on his Dodge diesel pickup loan.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    My wife grew up around guns. She is used to them. I can have them all over the place and she doesn't care. She knows I always have at least one gun on me, and she even has her LTCF. I still need to get her to take it with her when she goes out tho. She does on occasion but mostly I get the "but it'll show, I'll just put it in my purse" or some lame excuse like that.

She hasn't gotten over the anxiety of carrying yet. She has the "everyone in the world is staring at me and knows I have a gun" jitters, and she can't seem to shake it yet. She'd rather go unarmed then risk being seen with it. It does get on my nerves a lot because I don't want to see her raped or killed.

[QUOTE=ridurall;833897]
    Quote Originally Posted by 2AMomma View Post
    $16,000???? That must have been something to see! Sorry it ended so poorly!
    QUOTE]

Yep it was nice. Much nicer then I think it was worth but the wife and daughter were the ones that spent the money. I just wore the tux with a gun under it. It's the last time I'll spend money on a wedding. My wife and I pretty much paid for our own wedding. Her parents were pretty poor and we didn't have a lot of extra money laying around so we had the type of wedding that my daughter should have. She is a wonderful girl though and never gave me an ounce of trouble during school. She is still driving the Jimmy 4X4 I purchased for her at 16 years old and it looks like it did when I purchased it. She is 22 now and cannot purchase a new vehicle. Her sorry ex has her name tied up on his Dodge diesel pickup loan.

Holy cow, man...I sure feel you on that one. Holly and I got married in a pizza parlor! Her parents didn't give us a dime.
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

My wonderful wife grew up in Maryland, the daughter and grand-daughter of DC Park Police. She had weapons in the house as her Dad and baby brother both hunted. She had no issues with my Rem 870 blaster loaded and under the bed. It gives her a safe feeling. She said she wanted a Taser, so I bought her one last week. I wish I was home to help her learn about the Taser, but duties in Iraq have me tied up for a couple more months. She had one of her police buddies help her out with the assembly and registration. She wants me to teach her how to shoot handguns, so I am going to give her a short class, then take her to a professional to get the proper training.

Have been with my wife almost 17 years. married for 10 years. I have had my license for 6 months. She is stille a little scaried around guns but warming up. On Sunday deceided to go to the beach,packed the Glock 26 in a zip lock bag and placed in the bottom of the diaper bag.What do you need that for? We are going to the beach, Bah Bah. On Monday we went to Coney Island for the first time in Brooklyn, NY. Still good neighborhood by day. I dropped the wife and kids off in front of famous "Cyclone" roller coaster. She looked around at the other park people and she that that "Ah Ha moment" I asked her" Would you have wanted me to bring it or leave it at home?" Her reply "Bring it!!" I told her this week after the kids go back to school will a go to apply for permit. She said OK. Happy Days be comming.

Been married eight years now. My wife is NOT a gun person. It's mostly lack of knowledge and fear. She was only exposed, through the media and friends, to the 'bad' side of guns as a kid and adult. I was the first person in her life who carried around her. When we were dating she knew of my guns and my carrying them, but it was part of my job (military) and it's who I was.......no "gun nut" or some "red-neck" with and 'armed attitude'......I just always had a firearm on or around me and that was it. She did bear witness to my carrying and employment of my sidearm during an attempted break in......no shots fired, police were called, but I displayed my sidearm while shouting 'instructions' to the very drunk/high 'bad guy', she rather "liked" that part of me after that. I showed and taught her the very basics of safety and she has shown, at times, a 'comfort' in my carrying. She's also displayed an "irritated inconvenience" at my carrying at times as well. There's enough 'incidents' in our 'safe little country town' that I make her think about why I don't go around NOT carrying.
    My wife's shown intrest in going to the range with me next time me and the daughters go, but she's not going to send in her application for a permit anytime in the near future and has voiced that she won't 'pack' a gun around with her either. That's just who she is, but I love her anyway.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Mrs. bmc's been putting up with me for 30 years come this November and she takes it all in stride. While firearms aren't her hobby she can handle them and enjoys it too. She totes and her favorite is a full sized 1911. She's sort of a runt but once put three .458 Winchester Magnum rounds into a tighter group on her paper plate than either the rifle's owner or I did.

Shown here plinking at prickly pears with a .38-40 during a hike we took a few weeks back with Silas, the dog.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    My wife of almost 20 years (this coming November), came from a very anti-gun family (except her Dad, who closet carried a gun illegally). She has come around to the point where she tolerates my guns. She initially had problems with our son shooting BB guns with my father, but now she just asks how he shoots when I take him pin shooting whenever his schoolwork allows. I don't know if she will ever shoot guns, or God forbid, carry, but who knows?

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    My wife's wonderful. Not only does she not mind my guns, she doesn't bat an eye when I come home with a new one (like, yesterday!).

I've been with my boyfriend for 5 yrs. He grew up shooting with his Dad and brother, even though his Mom wasn't very happy about it. He's been in the army for a year and a half, stationed in VA, so he decided it was time to buy a handgun.

My dad is a police officer, but he never really showed us his gun. I only learned recently, that all these years that the whole family has been going out places, he's been carrying on the days when he doesn't take his jacket off, even to eat. I thought it was just OCD! lol!

I have been Civil War reenacting the past 8 years, so I have a reproduction 1842 springfield, but I've never fired it live. It wasn't until my boyfriend bought his P99 this past April, that I've really shot a gun. It's a .40, and people thought it might be too much for me, but I LOVE it! I was already the pepper spray-carrying type of girl, so I welcomed this gun, that could be a much better protector, into our home. About three months later, we went to a gun show, and he bought me a P99c for our 5th anniversary. Now he's saving up for another gun for himself. We are both totally on the same page with guns. I am alone at 5:30 am, once he leaves for work, and I feel so much better sleeping with my P99c beside my bed. Now, we are both working on getting our permits to conceal, and wow, that's another story!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links