Never doing business with MIDWAY USA again - Page 2

Never doing business with MIDWAY USA again

This is a discussion on Never doing business with MIDWAY USA again within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; First, AMEX may not reverse the charge. They need to investigate your claim, and make a decision. Of course, they may agree with you. Midway ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Never doing business with MIDWAY USA again

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    First, AMEX may not reverse the charge. They need to investigate your claim, and make a decision. Of course, they may agree with you. Midway putting you in collections is not the best outcome for your credit rating. Personally, I don't have a lot of sympathy. They were used sites when you put them on your gun. As far as them being broken, perhaps they were damages during either install or uninstall. You say that they didn't work right. Perhaps they were defective, but putting them on the gun, and leaving them on for 2 weeks, after you found that they were defective, then send them back without original packing, I can understand why they would consider them broken. As far as them honoring the original agreement to accept the terms, if the sites were damaged (which could have been from the factory), then I understand why they would change their minds. Sorry about the problem, but at this point, you would be better off paying and learning a few lessons: 1) Hold on to the original packing for at least several weeks, in case of return. 2) If there is a problem found after install, then uninstall them, put them back in the original packaging, and contact them for authorization for a return of defective merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    First, AMEX may not reverse the charge. They need to investigate your claim, and make a decision. Of course, they may agree with you. Midway putting you in collections is not the best outcome for your credit rating. Personally, I don't have a lot of sympathy. They were used sites when you put them on your gun. As far as them being broken, perhaps they were damages during either install or uninstall. You say that they didn't work right. Perhaps they were defective, but putting them on the gun, and leaving them on for 2 weeks, after you found that they were defective, then send them back without original packing, I can understand why they would consider them broken. As far as them honoring the original agreement to accept the terms, if the sites were damaged (which could have been from the factory), then I understand why they would change their minds. Sorry about the problem, but at this point, you would be better off paying and learning a few lessons: 1) Hold on to the original packing for at least several weeks, in case of return. 2) If there is a problem found after install, then uninstall them, put them back in the original packaging, and contact them for authorization for a return of defective merchandise.
    Agreed. My fault for throwing away the packaging. As well as my fault for letting them send me out the second pair of sights without having received the credit on the first one.

Normally at this point id say I was that much of an ahole for letting it happen to me let me just leave it alone. However being told that we will return the sights and then saying no is what does not sit well with me, and I don't think is right. Thats pretty much the main point to my OP

It appears the first Midway person either overstepped his bounds or misunderstood the situation. These things happen from time to time with customer service people.
    'It ain't over 'til the fat barrel sings.'

I feel that once somebody verbally authorizes something they should follow thru with it,i do a lot of business with midway and i have never had a problem,except once I placed an order one afternoon and called them first thing the next morning to add an item i forgot and they said it shipped yesterday,I was like wow you guys must have a superfast shipping dept.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

This same thread was closed on THR and It should be closed here.
    Be very afraid of a man with only one gun.
    Beer the cause of and solution to all lifes small problems.
    The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.
    911 - government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer

http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Quote Originally Posted by never_retreat View Post
    This same thread was closed on THR and It should be closed here.
    It was closed at my request...why should it be closed here?

This is the only forums that I will visit from now on, whether the posters thought I was right or wrong they answered respectfully and tried to gather the facts....weekend warriors at other boards want to be the internet tough guy and start up trouble.

Thanks defensivecarry.

I'm almost sure things will be able to be resolved amicably as I spoke to XS SIGHTS directly and midway will most probably be able to send them back the item for credit.

Administrator
    This thread is closed. The issue seems to be resolved.

A note to the OP. You need to include as much accurate information as possible in your initial post if you expect people to offer you their honest evaluation of your predicament.

You could have saved yourself a lot of criticism from other members by stating that the sights were defective in your first posting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links