Never doing business with MIDWAY USA again

This is a discussion on Never doing business with MIDWAY USA again within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; bought a pair of H&k USPC .40 XS BIG DOT sights from them and decided to sell the gun. I removed the sights, so i ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never doing business with MIDWAY USA again

Never doing business with MIDWAY USA again

bought a pair of H&k USPC .40 XS BIG DOT sights from them and decided to sell the gun. I removed the sights, so i could get an EXCHANGE for a pair of xs big dot sights for my glock 19 and I knew i would pay a difference for them.

Called and spoke to dave, and made sure it was ok to return the sights without the box, he put me on hold got it approved by his manager to return the sights since i was exchanging them. Here's where I made my mistake. Dave asked me if I wanted to go ahead and buy the new pair so I didnt have to wait as long and when the old pair of sights got in the credit would be applied to the card. I said sure. (I called back two hours later because I thought wait a minute let me just be sure I get the credit first just in case, they said it was too late to cancel the order because it was already out in the truck)

So they receive the sights, and notify me that the sights were coming back that the return was unacceptable (???) I spoke to Amanda at MidwayUSA who spoke to her returns department and they informed her that the sights were broken (STEEL SIGHTS BROKEN??) they definately were not. The best they could do was offer me a Midway credit (gift card) She told me to refuse the package and they would investigate it one more time, at which point I rose all hell, stating that I had been approved for the return and thats the only reason i bought the new sights. I refused the package and called AMEX, put a claim on the first transaction.

Got a call again from amanda, saying yes we can not accept the return this time neglecting the midway gift card mention (which is not acceptable).

I told her don't bother sending me back the sights because I put a claim on amex, she said ok well you should know if you do that we will send you to collections...right like I care...

Sorry for the rant, they do act professionally and are not rude, so in turn neither was I. Business is business however, and I will never do it with them again.

2. Remove Ads

Sorry, but I don't think Midway or anybody else should be obligated to exchange a used item for another item. If you had bought them and never installed them that would be one thing, but once you have installed them on a gun they are yours to keep. Just my opinion.

Ron
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

Once it had been installed, the return policy becomes void.

How ever, they should have honored their verbal agreement. Even when it cost me money, I do what I agreed upon. It's just good business.

If they APPROVE the exchange on the phone and send me out a new set...and tell me they will CREDIT me for the H&k set when they come in...and then they tell me after no we will not credit them for you...they have me by the balls..

if they were'nt going to accept my return they should have said no from the beginning, and secondly not send me out a new pair charging my card, expecting my first charge to be credited...

The return policy does not state UNUSED or still sealed in the package.

Agreed ^^ [deadhawg and G96X0]

You should have sold the HK with the sights installed and at an up charge toward the XS sights. Then order new ones and none of this drama would have been involved. There is no good reason to expect a retailer to take back used product in exchange as credit against some other and secondary new product.

I wish I could pull that kind of thinking off successfully with tires as I've got three sets of four that I need to buy toward the coming snow season.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

JD
    Administrator
    What does it matter what he should have done? It's a done deal now, if you look at Midways return shipping form, it states nothing about used (re: installed and removed) or not....

According to the OP, it's not a matter of them being used that threw a wrench into things, they claim the sights are broken...

Maybe you need to start shopping at Wal-Mart. They let people do things like that but to try to return a used item for a full refund or exchange is not something that any store should be expected to do. You admitted that you had installed the sites and thrown away the original packaging. How would you like to be the person that bought them now.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Maybe you need to start shopping at Wal-Mart. They let people do things like that but to try to return a used item for a full refund or exchange is not something that any store should be expected to do. You admitted that you had installed the sites and thrown away the original packaging. How would you like to be the person that bought them now.
    1.They did not fit as advertised
    2. Midway can return to manufacturer for full credit. XS sights would take them back from me, if I would have bought with them direct.
    Means Midway can take them back.

This isn't a product that I took around and used...I had the sights on for less than 15 days...and they do not sit right in the rear dovetail.

infoe,

That last sentence as detailed above should have been included in your OP as it's significant information which changes the story as being read third person.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I see that now...I wrote it in one long winded breath...I was wondering why people were responding to me as if i was trying to cheat them...

American Express will do the right thing for you as a long standing customer.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    American Express will do the right thing for you as a long standing customer.
    I would'nt have taken it to that measure unless I felt i was being cheated...even if I uninstalled the second set that they sent to me in the interim they would most probably deem those unacceptable for a return.

If they would have told me no to the return in the first place, then I would'nt have ordered the second set from them and probably just have sold them used at a loss.

In this case what you might do, and personally I would have done to start, is to contact XS and have them send you a new set or exchange with them (direct) toward a set for some other gun.

Now that your situation has gone all kinds of sideways the thing to do is have Midway ship your old sights back to you. Forget about the gift card as they really don't owe you a credit of any sort. They are just a middle person dealer. Your issue is with a mfr. defect. As well last thing you want or need is to have a ding on your credit report which can cost you far more than the cost of the sights and carry forward for _years_ after.

Pay for the new units you ordered/received. Sell them online.
    Contact XS and tell them what happened about how their product is screwed up and don't add in all that drama about Midway and the nice guy vs. not so nice lady as it's irrelevant. Tell them you gave up on them fitting the HK upon sale of the gun and to swap for something else. They may request to see a copy of your sales receipt to verify you only had them 2 weeks which is not unreasonable. Fax/e-mail them that along with a brief letter reexplaining things.
    You should be good to go at that point and not have a collection mark against your credit history and associated rating.

Good luck,

- Janq

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    In this case what you might do, and personally I would have done to start, is to contact XS and have them send you a new set or exchange with them (direct) toward a set for some other gun.

Now that your situation has gone all kinds of sideways the thing to do is have Midway ship your old sights back to you. Forget about the gift card as they really don't owe you a credit of any sort. They are just a middle person dealer. Your issue is with a mfr. defect. As well last thing you want or need is to have a ding on your credit report which can cost you far more than the cost of the sights and carry forward for _years_ after.

Pay for the new units you ordered/received. Sell them online.
    Contact XS and tell them what happened about how their product is screwed up and don't add in all that drama about Midway and the nice guy vs. not so nice lady as it's irrelevant. Tell them you gave up on them fitting the HK upon sale of the gun and to swap for something else. They may request to see a copy of your sales receipt to verify you only had them 2 weeks which is not unreasonable. Fax/e-mail them that along with a brief letter reexplaining things.
    You should be good to go at that point and not have a collection mark against your credit history and associated rating.

Good luck,

- Janq
    Thanks, I spoke with XS about this and they said they would take the sights back or exchange them...exchanging them does'nt serve me a purpose as I already have the sent that midway sent me for my glock.

what I currently am doing is speaking to midway again and telling them i spoke with XS the mfg and they said they would take it back...and to do a threeway with them so he can try to help to solve this.

Here's an update however, I spoke with the supervisor at midway, again these people are very professional and courteous. I told him that I spoke with XS sights and they would approve the exchange/return of the sight.

Originally, MIDWAY'S agreement is not to take back sights. They have a different agreement from an end user who buys with them directly.

Midway is going to contact XS sight and if they approve the return from midway to XS then we'll be squared away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links