P22 for P99C (training)

This is a discussion on P22 for P99C (training) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My husband owns a Advantage Arms .22 LR conversion for his Glock 31, .357. It helped him, and I must admit it has also helped ...

Thread: P22 for P99C (training)

P22 for P99C (training)

My husband owns a Advantage Arms .22 LR conversion for his Glock 31, .357. It helped him, and I must admit it has also helped me shoot his Glock.

I think the advantage arms conversion provides advantages for the Glock, as it does not change the size or trigger pull during practice. So the AA conversion is good for Glocks.

He thinks I should get a P22 for practice. However I feel the P22 has a different feel.

So, how does the P22 help with P99C training?

- Ms. Thanis

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    shooting anything will help with training. However, the P22 is a very small gun, and is DA/SA, not striker-fired like the P99. If you are looking for a true-to-life replica of your carry pistol, it doesn't get much better than a drop-in .22 conversion.

The P22 is a nice little plinker, and it's a good tool to teach people who are unfamiliar with handguns. I wouldn't consider it to be a training analogue to a P99, but I would probably buy one anyway, just to have it.

Something else to consider is a high-end airsoft replica of your carry gun, especially if you don't own enough land to shoot on whenever you want.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

My P22 was lousy.

Firearms, ammo, weapons, gear reviews, 2nd Amendment issues, etc...: My experience with the Walther P22

I have had only good experiences with the AA conversions though.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RMTactical View Post
    My P22 was lousy.

Firearms, ammo, weapons, gear reviews, 2nd Amendment issues, etc...: My experience with the Walther P22

I have had only good experiences with the AA conversions though.
    People seem to be hit-or-miss with them. Mine has been nothing but great. It eats federal bulk and remington golden bullet (the 550 packs) without issues, and is accurate enough for me, given such a short barrel and cheap ammo. Maybe I got lucky - based on your blog, yours definitely sounds like a lemon.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    People seem to be hit-or-miss with them. Mine has been nothing but great. It eats federal bulk and remington golden bullet (the 550 packs) without issues, and is accurate enough for me, given such a short barrel and cheap ammo. Maybe I got lucky - based on your blog, yours definitely sounds like a lemon.
    Possibly. I acknowledge that some folks out there have good ones, but it's hard to let go of the bad feelings you have when the one you got was worthless.

Links