Defensive Carry banner

The Right Grip VS The Wrong Grip (two vids)

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  hedgehog 
#1 ·
Two different grips with a M&P .40

Ty shooting his M&P .40 Notice both index fingers... :rolleyes:

Loyd shooting his M&P .40 Notice right thumb. Is that a thumb rest?

I know the first guy is an idiot... But the second vid has me wondering if thats an aftermarket thumb rest. If so wouldn't that help with muzzle flip and help keep the thumb position more consistent?

#3 ·
The first dude's gonna get a boom he wasn't expecting if he doesn't learn a little trigger discipline. Otherwise, if that's his left index finger in the trigger guard... well, nobody starts off knowing. I sure didn't.

I can't figure out what the second guy is doing with this right thumb. Is he pressing the tip against the "knuckle" of his left thumb? My grip is more thumb-over-thumb, but his right thumb is doing something funky. His left index finger also seems to stretch out there quite a bit, but that could just be my perception too.

I don't know if a thumb rest would keep muzzle flip down; it'd be putting more downward pressure on the rear of the pistol, not on the front.

-B

#12 ·
No, we can't see the second guy's trigger finger once it passes below the frame... And while the strong-hand thumb is a little odd, it's basically a thumbs forward grip. He seems pretty comfortable with it. I did notice that he flubbed his reload about half-way through the vid; it looks like he might have gone for the slide lock lever and missed, then went back and pulled the slide to the rear manually; either that or he expected the force of slamming home the new mag to cause the slide to release on its own...

As for the first guy - I certainly HOPE he has something wrong with his right index finger...and if he does, why doesn't he get it the hell out of the trigger guard?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.