First Real Encounter with an Anti.

This is a discussion on First Real Encounter with an Anti. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by bal_g23 haha unfortunately I know plenty of antis my girlfriend just happens to not be one of them we were watching a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Real Encounter with an Anti.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bal_g23 View Post
    haha unfortunately I know plenty of antis
    my girlfriend just happens to not be one of them
    we were watching a movie the other day and when one guy opened up with an MP5, she asked if I would take her shooting some day :)
    Did you get the ring yet?
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

2. Remove Ads

haha bal g23 dont you love it! my soon to be fiance told me i should buy a new handgun with some of the gift money! gotta love texas girls!

i hear you man, being that im pretty young (21), i hear opposition all the time, mostly from kids or later 20s people who say things like "guns cause violence" blah blah blah, like somehow me owning a gun is going to cause hell to rain down.
    I dont talk much about guns around most people my age just to avoid having to get into a argument with someone who is basing everything they say off some ridiculous crap they heard from a friend of a friend who had a friend who had a gun.

Update:

Well my wife and I were out with them all day, we sat at a restaurant for three + hours just talking and getting to know each other. And of course the subject came back up. She said: "she is a pacifist and that if she had her way, no guns would be allowed on earth. Guns kill people" To which I responded: "No people kill people and if there were no guns, then you'd be saying bombs kill people or rocks kill people" and she sort of shrugged it off. Too bad she didn't realize while I was wearing a T-shirt, shorts, and flip flops, that I was carrying the whole time. While she was in the restroom, my wife mentioned to my friend about CCW and he asked if I was carrying and my wife said: "when have you known him not to"and he just laughed. And yes he did bring his guns. What she doesn't know won't hurt her. I did find out she is a registered Democrat, go figure, and that she is from Germany originally.(maybe that has something to do with it.) Or maybe age? we are all in our late forties. Well we both stuck to our guns(pun intended) and dropped the subject. Man does my friend have his work cut out for him.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

go to buckeyefirearms.com, scroll down a little bit and download the Gun Facts pdf. It's a lot to print out, but is definitely going to help paint the full picture when it comes to trash statistics being thrown at you.

my ant-in-law is one of these NYC socialites. I was sitting and talking with her a few weeks back and told her i carry. She is a cool woman...my mother-in-law (her sister) is a corrections officer and has a gun in the house, but she got pale and stone faced when i told her i carry. New Yorkers just cannot grasp the fact that there is such freedom.

She asked me some questions and all. i said...Lily...my handgun does nothing i do not make it do. I kinda had to explain it all to her, but she was cool with it after a few.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

My truck has a door on both sides and she would have been out of one of them.

Ron
    There is a big difference between people that are "anti-gun" out of ignorance and mistaken beliefs and those who have a political agenda, such as the Brady group and certain unnamed politicians and celebs.

I truly believe that patience and reason can bring many of the first group around, but it is a a total waste of time to try to reason with the second group, because they have no interest or respect for any rational arguments that contradict their agenda.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    This reminds me that I was carrying openly one night and in the back of a friend's jeep riding around with a couple of girls, both to our right (strong) sides. Something got mentioned about my gun and the girl beside me looked down and noticed my .45 and started screaming 'get it away' and 'throw it out the window'.
    So, did you throw it out the window? The girl I mean, of course...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

This reminds me that I was carrying openly one night and in the back of a friend's jeep riding around with a couple of girls, both to our right (strong) sides. Something got mentioned about my gun and the girl beside me looked down and noticed my .45 and started screaming 'get it away' and 'throw it out the window'.
    oh wow. im just picturing that...

I used to have a wife who had an irrational fear of cancer.
    Someone told her that fiberglass causes cancer; so when she bent down in the passenger seat to retrieve something on the floor of the car, and saw some yellow insulation poking out from under the dash she assumed it was fiberglass, freaked out and tried to get out of the car doing 40 miles an hour!
    Peoples irrational fears are just that irrational! (notice I said "used to")
    Guns are the teeth of the people.
    Political agendas are nothing more than tooth decay.

Quote Originally Posted by tamworth View Post
    go to buckeyefirearms.com, scroll down a little bit and download the Gun Facts pdf. It's a lot to print out, but is definitely going to help paint the full picture when it comes to trash statistics being thrown at you.
    The only problem with that is that they (antis) view those statements the same way we view the Brady Bunch statements;

"It's all lies, fabrications, and misinformation to promote their cause."

At least our forums, and websites will actually allow them to post their comments, engage in rational discussion, and provide proof or documentation to their arguments.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links