My little woman so proud of herself!

This is a discussion on My little woman so proud of herself! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My wife's name is Judi Anne. She's now dubbed herself Judith Annie Oakley. Here's the story. Range day 9-178-08. A range day like any other ...

Thread: My little woman so proud of herself!

My little woman so proud of herself!

My wife's name is Judi Anne. She's now dubbed herself Judith Annie Oakley. Here's the story. Range day 9-178-08. A range day like any other range day except for one thing.....I was shooting the .308 down on the right end of the range at the 100yd target. I set up everything for Judi at the 25 yd line since the hurricane force winds had seen fit to down the 50 yd rack. She always shoots the 10/22 lightweight off bipod. Now she loads her own magazines and I can go do my thing.
    Her weapon of choice: Ruger 10/22 target with Buttler Creek carbon fiber tension barrel and Hogue rubber overmolded stock.

Her target was the divider out of a cube of Mt Dew! It has circles already there! Made to order for target shooting!
    She said nothing until our range session was over....she wanted to save her target! Well, low and behold, she finally told me why and what to look for. Apparently a moth landed on her target while shooting. She took the shot, and the rest is history! She told me "I got a butterfly". Well, she did that, and no......it wasn't a butterfly, but a common moth that decided to land on her target while shooting. But she nailed it nonetheless! Here's what's left, and the evidence of the life she took----AND PROUD OF IT TOO!
    The target:

The target with the kill. Notice the splatter pattern. What have I done!? What have I done?
    Moth drilled on purpose!

Yeah....bug guts, and brought it home! I love my girl Judi! And she'll be proud of herself for weeks to come.
    Last edited by Ram Rod; September 19th, 2008 at 06:24 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Uuhhh Yep. That right there is somthing else!

Using the soda can divider is pretty good, shooting the bugs that land downrange is impressive!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Frame it and hang it next to the mounted deer head and other stuffed critters. It will certainly be a conversation piece!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

That is awesome, and my Wife would thank her for ridding the World of 1 more bug.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Senior Moderator
    That's really good and now you can save money on targets.

Just take a little hamburger meat to the range and shoot the flies that land on it.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

If you shoot it, don't you have to eat it?
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Now you did it...

Thats cool ramrod.

Wink

Well, the way the splatter pattern looks, it appears she may have been a little to the right.

NICE!

Tell her next time just see if she can castrate it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

That's great! I so wish I can get my wife to the range, but she's just not into it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Tell your wife "nice" for me Ram Rod. It's great that she enjoys shooting. Mine does too!
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    My wife's name is Judi Anne. She's now dubbed herself Judith Annie Oakley. Here's the story. Range day 9-178-08.
    Hey RamRod How many days has September? Good shot, sleep with your eyes open...
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Hey RamRod How many days has September? Good shot, sleep with your eyes open...
    September hath only 30 days. I never actually sleep, but thanks for the heads up!

Links