I got the liberals at their own game - Page 3

I got the liberals at their own game

This is a discussion on I got the liberals at their own game within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have held this sarchastic belief for years. Don't forget: 1. One internet post/ e-mail a month. After all, out forefathers never imagined the rapid ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have held this sarchastic belief for years.

Don't forget:

1. One internet post/ e-mail a month. After all, out forefathers never imagined the rapid delivery rates of individual opinion now possible with modern technological advances.

2. Federal licenses and regulation of everything posted on the internet. EVERYTHING should end in ".gov". Without government regulation of free speech, people will be walking around saying offensive things. With government regulation, we can end that.

Well, I personally think it might be okay to have one typewriter for personal or recreational use, but to think that people really need all these high output copiers for personal use is ridiculous! Just stop and think of how much verbage can be placed downrange in so short a time! It would be archaic!

Also, have you seen these computers that can be programmed to seek out specific individuals, based on their internet usage, and send words to them electronically? It's electronic sniper fire, and this technology should be limited to only government agencies who serve us, like the IRS....

OD*
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go around repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence." - Charles Austin Beard

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Don't forget the States that will be "shall issue" on these permits. You know, you have to convince the State that you have a good reason to go out and speak all those words...

As a few others have said, this is an argument I have used for a while, and it expands very nicely. Circulation limits on newspapers, only allowing so many people in public to hear your words at a time, special licenses for churches with congregations over a certain size, one newspaper per month, and so on...

Nice job, Pro2A.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Now hang on here! We aren't talking about banning free speech and religion here right?
    We are only talking about sensible restrictions. Nobody is saying you can't talk. You just can't talk to other people. That's not unreasonable is it?
    No one is saying things can't be written down. It just has to be hand written. Let's get serious here for a minute. How many people do you really need to show that written document to anyway? Besides your ideas aren't that important anyway and believing they are is a sign of mental instability and that people probably shouldn't listen to you anyway.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I used several words just today at work but I believe it was in justifiable self defense.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

So would my teenage daughter's use of "like" and "random" be considered equivocal to a drive-by talking? That's just heinous!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links