I got the liberals at their own game

This is a discussion on I got the liberals at their own game within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; On another political forum I am on I figured out a way to get the liberals at their own game... This is the New York ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got the liberals at their own game

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Thumbs up I got the liberals at their own game

On another political forum I am on I figured out a way to get the liberals at their own game...

This is the New York City gun licensing regulations super imposed with the 1st Amendment.

I had an idea. I think everyone should be licensed in order to speak freely and practice religion. Speech and religion can be dangerous to society because they can and have the ability to spread immoral and dangerous views. These are my ideas on a licensing system for the 1st Amendment. It's not a ban, just common sense measures to make sure everyone is safe. Tell me what you think.

The application form MUST be typewritten and signed by you, and your signature must be notarized. Only the original application form will be accepted. DO NOT SEND A PHOTOCOPY. The application form must be completely filled out and presented by you personally at the License Division. At the time you submit your application, you must furnish the items listed below that are applicable to you. All documents, certificates, licenses, etc., must be submitted in the original. (A copy certified by the issuing agency as true and complete is also acceptable). In addition, a legible photocopy of each item submitted must accompany the original or certified copy. Originals and certified copies will be returned. Your application will not be accepted without the required documents.

1. Photographs: Two (2) color photographs of you taken within the past thirty (30) days are required. They should measure 1 x 1 inches and show you from the chest up. The wearing of any article of clothing or adornment that obscures identification is not permitted.

2. Birth Certificate: In lieu of your birth certificate, some other proof of your birth date, e.g., a military record, U.S. passport or baptismal certificate must be submitted. You must be twenty-one (21) years of age to apply for a Freedom of Speech & Religion license.

3. Proof of Citizenship/Alien Registration: If you were born outside the United States, you must submit your naturalization papers or evidence of citizenship if derived from your parents. All other applicants born outside the United States must submit their Alien Registration Card. If you have lived in this country less than 7 years you must submit a good conduct certificate, or equivalent, from your country of origin and two (2) letters of reference that certify to your good character.

4. Military Discharge: If you served in the armed forces of the United States, you must submit your separation papers (DD 214) and your discharge.

5. Proof of Residence: You must submit proof of your present address. Proof may consist of, but is not limited to, a real estate tax bill, ownership shares in a cooperative or condominium, or a lease. You may also be requested to supply further documentation i.e., a driver's license, an Income Tax Return, or a current utility bill.

6. Arrest Information: If you were ever arrested, indicted or summonsed for any reason, other than a parking violation, you must answer "Yes" to question #23 on the Freedom of Speech & Religion application and submit a certificate of disposition showing the offense and disposition. Also, you must submit a detailed, notarized statement describing the circumstances surrounding each arrest or summons. YOU MUST DO THIS EVEN IF: the case was dismissed, the record was sealed or the case was nullified by operation of law. The United States Division of Criminal Justice Services will report to us every instance involving the criminal prosecution of an applicant. DO NOT rely on anyone's representation that you need not list a previous arrest or summons.

If you were ever convicted or pled guilty to a felony offense or a serious offense, as defined in Penal Law Section 265.00(17), an original Certificate of Relief of Disabilities, signed by a judge, must be submitted.

7. Proof of Business Ownership: If you are making application for a Freedom of Speech & Religion or premises license for use in connection with a business, you must submit proof of ownership for that business. Such proof must clearly state the names of the owner(s), or, if a corporation, the names of the corporate officers. A Corporation must submit its corporate book to include filing receipt, certificate of incorporation and minutes of the corporate meeting reflecting current corporate officers; others must provide their business certificate or partnership agreement, whichever is applicable. You must also submit proof of address for the business. Proof may consist of a utility bill, not more than 60 days old, in the name of the business or a lease in the name of the business.

8. Letter of Necessity: All applicants for a Freedom of Speech & Religion License and those seeking a Freedom of Speech & Religion license for use in connection with their employment MUST complete the Letter of Necessity found on page 3 of the application. NO SUBSTITUTES WILL BE ACCEPTED.

Fees:

$340.00 - Made payable to the your the United States Government, must be paid by certified check or money order.

Effective October 1, 2007, Civil/Applicant Fingerprint fees will decrease from $99.00 to $94.25, for all applicants that are fingerprinted on the Live Scan Machine only.

Applicants who must be manually fingerprinted will submit a money order in the amount of $105.25.

All fees are payable to the United States Government.
    The above fees must be paid separately.
    Then some responses from the anti-gunners...

Are you seriously suggesting people apply for free speech and religion?
    Yeah, I think that's one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever heard. Doesn't that kind of go against free speech if something deemed to be "dangerous" is off-limits?
    Point is, they got into a big tizzy about this. They finally caught on, but it goes to show all the liberals were in an uproar when the idea of regulating one of their rights was in question. Maybe now they can understand how law abiding gun owners feel about OUR right to keep and bear arms.

They couldn't admit it... I got them at their own game, they think severe regulations of 1st Amendment rights are ridiculous. The 2nd is no different. This is definitely a +1 for us gun owners

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    That was really good. Good job.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Nice, fodder for future discussions.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Well done.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I don't get it. I don't see the problem with having "reasonable" restrictions on free speech and religion. We are NOT going to take away your typewriters/keyboards/word processors or your churches...except in cases of extreme abuse or at the whims of some political demogogue or, or, or....
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Administrator
    I think that people should be asked in advance if they ever intend to write down anything that could be perceived as dangerous or immoral rather than just speaking their free speech orally.

If so they should be required to provide a sample of the paper they will use and also a sample of the ink so that it can be forensically determined (at some future point in time) if they were the person that wrote it or not.
    The unique forensic signatures of all paper and ink samples would naturally be kept in a huge government database.

The paper and the ink of any writings deemed inappropriate could be microscopically compared and then traced BACK to the person that wrote the offensive material.

This would be especially effective if somebody commits a crime or gets caught doing any illegal act as a direct result of something dangerous or immoral that they read.

VIP Member
    I've thought of something similar in the past. Reporters, journalists, newscasters could all be licensed to broadcast news to the public. That way the public would be protected from them "printing" bad news, "shooting" off at the mouth, "brandishing" inaccurate information, "failing to eject" rumor, etc. Them violating the terms of their permit would of course cause their permit to be suspended.

Good grief if I have to have a permit to cc in public, it looks like they should need a permit to give out news to the public. After all isn't the pen mightier than the sword?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

That was good!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

+1 ppkheat and QKShooter

heck +1 to all the above

WOW! I love it!
    Guns are the teeth of the people.
    Political agendas are nothing more than tooth decay.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    This is great... one of the antis, and I quote:

pro2A, your paranoia borders on pathological. Have you ever been evaluated for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder? I'm not trying to slam you here at all, I just think that your fear of criminals is not normal.
    Its funny listening to these anti's. They were caught fair and square, and now they are trying to weasel their way out of it by resorting to name calling

Typical of an anti (liberal) in a loosing debate.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I think we should "micro-stamp" their voice recording too...."to help the detectives..."
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

As another poster stated, I had suggested this many years ago during a discussion along those lines, and one of the answers I got was "words don't kill as many people as guns do. It is a public safety issue."

To which I replied, 4 books written have caused more death and misery than all of the guns ever made combined:

1) The Koran
    2) The Bible
    3) The Communist manifesto.
    4) Mein Kampf

Great post!
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Administrator
    sniper58 - Gret Idea - VOICE RECOGNITION.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links