Gunzilla

This is a discussion on Gunzilla within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Testimonials Any experience with the above product?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gunzilla

Gunzilla

testimonials

Any experience with the above product?
    Deliver us from the democratic party!

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    Actually, I tried it on my (previously) filthy AR15 today and it worked very well. I don't know why my wife doesn't like the smell of Hoppe's, but she always complains about the strong the odor. She had no complaints about Gunzilla this afternoon except to tell me that I better not mess up her granite kitchen counter top. It didn't. Gunzilla has no strong odor, does not irritate skin, and cleans up easily with water. When I was done with the cleaning, I used a small amount for lubrication. Although this is the only gun I have used it on, if it worked on my rifle, it will work on my other guns....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I noticed in their advertisement that it removes plastic. With so many polymer and plastic parts in today's guns, isn't that a BAD thing?
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I noticed in their advertisement that it removes plastic. With so many polymer and plastic parts in today's guns, isn't that a BAD thing?
    I expect that it means it "lifts" plastic deposits. I oversprayed it on the plastic stock of my AR and it didn't do anything but clean it. It's plant based so I doubt it has the ability to do any real damage. Good stuff as far as I'm concerned.

I will be interested to see how easily the gun cleans up after my next range trip, which is what it's really supposed to be good at....
    Bumper

Administrator
    My best educated guess is that would be shotgun shell related plastic and not polymer gun plastic or Kydex type plastic.

They are a new sponsor and I intend to try some and check it out.

Call me quirky (I don't care) but, I have a inbred strange fascination with firearm lubricants/cleaners/etc.

When I order I sure will ask your plastic question but, I seriously doubt that any gun related cleaning product that dissolved polymer pistol frames would survive in the marketplace for too very long.

Also since it is a natural plant based oil I would say that it would be totally harmless to polymer since I am not aware of any plant based oil that could harm, etch, or dissolve modern polymers.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

DC Founder
    This might be a good question to ask TapRackBang in his introductory thread in the Sponsor Buy, Sell and Trade area. You can find it here.
    Bumper

Gunzilla is safe for use on Glocks and other polymers. I use it on my XD and on my AR.

Gunzilla is also safe to clean wood and plastic stocks but is should be wiped dry after cleaning.
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Again......I'll continue to use four chemicals to care for all of my firearms. A one shot does it all don't set too well with me. I think I've made a previous reply to this thread, and it somehow disappeared. Hoppes #9, CLP, Zero-Friction, and Shooter's Choice rust prevent. I'll use these products as long as they are available......tried, tested, and true for me. Not joining the wagon for something new and a one time does everything product. In my mind, something like that isn't possible. It can't be.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Again......I'll continue to use four chemicals to care for all of my firearms. A one shot does it all don't set too well with me. Hoppes #9, CLP, Zero-Friction, and Shooter's Choice rust prevent. I'll use these products as long as they are available......tried, tested, and true for me. Not joining the wagon for something new and a one time does everything product. In my mind, something like that isn't possible. It can't be.
    I guess whatever works for you. In my opinion, it works much better than Hoppe's and CLP. I've never used the other products you mentioned, but if you never try anything new, you can't say that it's not possible. Anyway, to each his own, I guess....

I think I've made a previous reply to this thread, and it somehow disappeared.
    Didn't happen....
    Bumper

Just put in an order, if nothing else I will use it just on the barrels of my poly guns, if it seems to be a concern.

Very curious to see what it pulls out of my "clean" barrel.

Thumbs up Unbelievable But True

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Again......I'll continue to use four chemicals to care for all of my firearms. A one shot does it all don't set too well with me. I think I've made a previous reply to this thread, and it somehow disappeared. Hoppes #9, CLP, Zero-Friction, and Shooter's Choice rust prevent. I'll use these products as long as they are available......tried, tested, and true for me. Not joining the wagon for something new and a one time does everything product. In my mind, something like that isn't possible. It can't be.
    Ram Rod, I thought the same way you do. Here's my post from a
    previous thread...trying it really changed my mind. YMMV

Hello All,

Just recieved my first 16oz. after two whole days from ordering.

This stuff has sure caused me an awfull lotta work. You see, I thought

the claims would be just another line of bull but what the heck give it

a try anyhoo. After seeing how messed up my daily carry pieces were

I just had to venture into both safes....Man..What a job. To think ALL

of my collection needed to be recleaned at one sitting.....

whew! Almost sorry I ever heard of this stuff.

I prided myself in being anal about my guns condition before and now

I can really keep 'em clean. Just goes to show ya...You

can teach an old dog new tricks.

I'm definately gonna order some more.

Safety First....Keep your groups tight,

mM

I picked up a trial bottle, and really liked it. It does seem to cut fouling a lot nicer than love potion #9...

And, I've used it on my polymer pistols with no ill effects.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    it works much better than Hoppe's and CLP.
    That is (was) my question, how it compares to CLP, since that seems to be the de facto choice in cleaning right now.

(BTW: Hoppe's does smell good! )
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

i just ordered some,ill try anything to make gun cleaning simpler.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    That is (was) my question, how it compares to CLP, since that seems to be the de facto choice in cleaning right now.

(BTW: Hoppe's does smell good! )
    Like Ram Rod and mikeMAGNUM I too was a skeptic. But tried it any way. It is FAR superior to CLP in every way cleans, lubricates, protects and smell far better. I have become such a huge fan of it I bought a gallon of it to assure I never run out and have been accused of being a shill on some forums because I am so enthusiastic about Gunzilla. I have yet to see anyone use it and not be a convert. Those that have used it in combat are saying it is saving lives in Iraq and Afghanistan. What better thing can be said about a product than that?
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links