Plz Esplain/justify Rails on pistols - Page 2

Plz Esplain/justify Rails on pistols

This is a discussion on Plz Esplain/justify Rails on pistols within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by rfurtkamp Those are accessory rails, not just "light" rails. Lasers, lights, and I'm sure a host of other options will be envisioned ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rfurtkamp
    Those are accessory rails, not just "light" rails. Lasers, lights, and I'm sure a host of other options will be envisioned to put on them.
    Is this what you had in mind? ;)

moom i gotta have one of those, where did ya get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    Do you know which weaponlight does NOT need an adaptor to mount to the H&K USP? Can you post a link?
    From what i understood Hk changed there rail so you might want to ask you might not need a adapter

As to if its the old style like mine you need a adapter.

The Hk light is only one that doesnt need the adapter

Quote Originally Posted by Moon
    Is this what you had in mind? ;)

Yeah baby thats what im talking about

And someone was asking what to use if you ran out of bullets before you stopped the BG, but how do I CCW that?
    One more thing HK USP with a M6X on the rail, killer bright and a laser that is dead on out to 30' who needs to aim?
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J
    And someone was asking what to use if you ran out of bullets before you stopped the BG, but how do I CCW that?
    One more thing HK USP with a M6X on the rail, killer bright and a laser that is dead on out to 30' who needs to aim?
    Who makes the M6X?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    Who makes the M6X?
    Insight Technology Inc.
    http://www.insightlights.com/

They are Surefire's main competition. Personally I prefer the Surefire X200B to all pistol lights. I bought the Surefire adapters back when they were $35 a piece. The price is above $70 now, but you can get nice ones from GG&G for $50.
    http://www.gggaz.com/products/hk_usp.php

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Is there some reason that no one can use the tactical light switch on the wall to illuminate a room?

Now if someone had a mount for a red dot that mounted to the rails, I might think about it for a HD pistol.

I see a LOT of guys asking for the rail-type weapons. I too ask the very same question. "why do you want it? Is it cecause it looks good? or is it because you saw it in the movies. Personally, I can't see why they want to place a light on the rail. I tell them the BG is gonna see THEM BEFORE THEY SEE THE BG. I get the response. "well, it looks good" I ask em "where do you think you'll get a good carry holster?" and they have no clue. The light looks real nice, in the movies, but in real life, I'll choose to place the light away from my body, should that BG have a weapon, and try to shoot out that bulb in the light, thinking it's my head behind it.
    BTW, Insight Technology is about 6 miles from my home where they make all that good stuff. They're plant is in Londonderry NH
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by raevan
    moom i gotta have one of those, where did ya get it.
    LOL! Not mine... CZ used it at a show to get attention for the release of the CZ SP01.

Autofan....my reasoning is if I turn on the room light then we are all on even ground as far as light goes. The BG sees me as well as I see him. Have you ever had a really bright light in your eyes in a dark environment? It blinds you and really screws you up for several minutes. Right after that happens, my wife can whap him with her baseball bat while I keep cover on him with my defense weapon. Then hopefully I dont have to shoot anybody to protect our lives.

This is all assuming of a break in with bad intent at my house in the middle of the night of course.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    A friend just explained the Utility of a " Porch Light " on a handgun to me , he is a former District Attny. who lives on a " farm" He keeps a light on his XD .40 to shoot marrauding racoons off his trash cans it seems lights on pistols do have a constructive use afterall

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan
    Is there some reason that no one can use the tactical light switch on the wall to illuminate a room?

Now if someone had a mount for a red dot that mounted to the rails, I might think about it for a HD pistol.
    Lots of scope mounts out there that mount to the grip panel or rail.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH
    I see a LOT of guys asking for the rail-type weapons. I too ask the very same question. "why do you want it? Is it cecause it looks good? or is it because you saw it in the movies. Personally, I can't see why they want to place a light on the rail. I tell them the BG is gonna see THEM BEFORE THEY SEE THE BG. I get the response. "well, it looks good" I ask em "where do you think you'll get a good carry holster?" and they have no clue. The light looks real nice, in the movies, but in real life, I'll choose to place the light away from my body, should that BG have a weapon, and try to shoot out that bulb in the light, thinking it's my head behind it.
    BTW, Insight Technology is about 6 miles from my home where they make all that good stuff. They're plant is in Londonderry NH
    Gotta diagree. For HD , a light can be really useful. using the momentary switch and moving you can confuse and discover the BG better than without a light. Also the light gives ya a free hand to call 911 and handle doors ect. My house layout means I have to clear 1 room to get to my kids rooms.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    My G21 has rails and I didn't even know what they were till after I bought it. I can see how police officers, who must sometimes seek threats, could use a rail-mounted light to advantage. As a civilian who does not need to do so, I don't feel the need.

Nice picture. That thing looks heavy---probably a bipod is an option?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links