Does anyone know of a GA (Guns Anonymous)?

This is a discussion on Does anyone know of a GA (Guns Anonymous)? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is there a 12 step for those of use that can't stop buying guns? I think I have a problem, I can't stop buying guns, ...

Thread: Does anyone know of a GA (Guns Anonymous)?

Is there a 12 step for those of use that can't stop buying guns?
    I think I have a problem, I can't stop buying guns, I keep finding good deals, I just picked up a Sig Pro 2022 like new for $402 out the door!
    I wasn't going to but I needed something in 9mm to take advantage of all the cheap 9mm ammo out there, and I can't teach my 12 y/o how to shoot a handgun with a .45, yeah that's it!
    That makes 5 in the last two months, I did sell 2 but man my wife is going to put me in gun rehab if I don't get some help.

WARNING: The above post was made to make light of my buying too many firearms, not 12 step programs, please do not take offense.

VIP Member

Sounds like you need an intervention!

Meet us at the range. 9:00AM tomorrow. I'm sure shooting off a few hundred rounds of various calibres will cure you.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    It's a life long problem that just won't go away ! This is one hobby or way of life that has stuck with me since age 7 when I started shooting my father mossberg model 36 b 22. I still have the rifle 45 years later.

Yes...the first step is to remove all temptations...I will PM you my address for you to send all of your guns, ammo, mags, and holsters....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I'm Sorry, there really is no cure. You are condemed to a life long torture of having to buy guns and all the extras that go with it. One word of advice, do not let any one give you ammo to a firearm you don't have. This will cause you to scour all the shops and web till you find one available. These firearms are usually the most expensive. You will of course buy it, shoot the ammo, then have to guy reloading equip for it because no one manufactures ammo for it anymore. Now you know why someone gave you the ammo in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    One word of advice, do not let any one give you ammo to a firearm you don't have. This will cause you to scour all the shops and web till you find one available. These firearms are usually the most expensive. You will of course buy it, shoot the ammo, then have to guy reloading equip for it because no one manufactures ammo for it anymore. Now you know why someone gave you the ammo in the first place.
    Oh now that's funny!!! I can see myself following that exact path.
    Heck I just bought a $400 gun so I can take advantage of cheaper ammo, I could of reloaded 2-3000 rounds of 45 for that.
    But I have a Sig now and I have wanted one for a loooong time

Quote Originally Posted by tattoo13 View Post
    Is there a 12 step for those of use that can't stop buying guns?

WARNING: The above post was made to make light of my buying too many firearms, not 12 step programs, please do not take offense.
    I'm not aware of one yet but perhaps you would be willing to be the founding member of GA online? I'm sure you would have no problem getting a group together of those whose marriages and health are in jeopardy because of their illness.
    ... whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. (Luke 22:36b NASB)
    FN Herstal FNP-9, FNP-357, Kahr TP45
    Ruger LCP, S&W 22a
    http://revderb.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Yes...the first step is to remove all temptations...I will PM you my address for you to send all of your guns, ammo, mags, and holsters....
    Darn! Why didn't I think of that first?
    Ruger LCP, S&W 22a

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Meet us at the range. 9:00AM tomorrow. I'm sure shooting off a few hundred rounds of various calibres will cure you.
    I'm afraid I'll be in church till after noon. Can we postpone the meeting? Which range? New time?
    Ruger LCP, S&W 22a

VIP Member
    I'm little west of you (check location at left), so noon your time should be about nine our time. Just beam on over.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    I'm little west of you (check location at left), so noon your time should be about nine our time. Just beam on over.
    WORKS! If I'm not there right at noon, please feel free to start without me.
    Ruger LCP, S&W 22a

Sponsored Links