Glock 1,000 round torture-test

This is a discussion on Glock 1,000 round torture-test within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy What is up with the moron photographers being down range while the shooter is shooting? downrange? Which of the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 1,000 round torture-test

Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    What is up with the moron photographers being down range while the shooter is shooting?
    downrange? Which of the 4 cardinal firearms safety rules do you feel was violated. (not that this is in any way relevant to the thread...)

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A
    Anyone keep count?
    of what?...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72
    Per Yeager, the GR went in the early 800s, round count. I've put 400 rounds through my 19 with nary a hitch on multiple occassions, and no significant heat issues, so I know GR failure has to occur at a point higher than that.
    by my count, it was something like 920-930 rounds before the GR failure based on the fact that he shot 4 full mags and a couple of partials after the GR failed. The partials were to make up for the FTFs caused by the crappy ammo so that all 1,000 rounds were fired.
    Last edited by KenpoTex; October 2nd, 2008 at 01:06 AM.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

2. Remove Ads

Interesting comment about the crappy ammo. The only failures/stoppages I saw were with Yeager, not the other shooter. Strange how that works. The other shooter kept a more stable platform and so wasn't inclined to limp wrist and so didn't get the same stoppages...probably not the ammo at fault.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    Interesting comment about the crappy ammo. The only failures/stoppages I saw were with Yeager, not the other shooter. Strange how that works. The other shooter kept a more stable platform and so wasn't inclined to limp wrist and so didn't get the same stoppages...probably not the ammo at fault.
    I agree; it does seem more like a shooter problem. But if that's the case, it indicates that Glocks, well that Glock, is sensitive to mild limp wristing induced stoppages. I didn't notice any glaring limp wrist shots and seem like most stoppages occurred with a two hand grip.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links