Now that's Fun!!!

Now that's Fun!!!

This is a discussion on Now that's Fun!!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well yesterday I went to the gun shop and walked in to just browse, and spied a little toy to play with. A CZ-52. Took ...

Now that's Fun!!!

Well yesterday I went to the gun shop and walked in to just browse, and spied a little toy to play with. A CZ-52.

Took it out today after a good cleaning and oiled it up with some Weapon Shield. Talk about a fun little gun to shoot. Lots of muzzle blast to cook dinner with and really loud.

There was another guy that was getting ready to leave and commented on the loud bark. LOL.

But the only downside to it was trying to police the brass. Talk about throwing them all over the place. LOL. Maybe it will calm down just a tad.

Any info on it for those of us who are not familiar with CZ? Is this an antique, it looks quite old. And that safety, how easy is that to manipulate. Always fun to get a new gun, congrats!!
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

They are old. This one was made in 1953 and they fire the 7.62 x 25 round which is pretty powerful for such a little round.

The safety is not bad, but I'm a lefty which is really hard to work.

This is just a nice little range gun that produces a lot of fire and will turn a lot of heads. lol.

Here is some info on the CZ-52. Bob Tuley - CZ-52 Pistol

Safety?!? Where the heck is the mag release?
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Safety?!? Where the heck is the mag release?
    At the butt of the hand grip I'd guess. There is something there and that is a common place especially on European automatics.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Pretty sweet! How hard is it to find ammunition for it locally?
    I believe the mag release is on the bottom similar to some Mausers, and some SIGs.
    CZ-52 Pistol

those are cool...the penetration of that round is pretty impressive. I think the "Box-o-truth" guys did some testing with it.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

The recoil is pretty healthy on such a little round but it's fun.

Yep the mag release is on the bottom like the Walther P-38. That is a fun pistol too.

Where I bought it they have the ammo for it (bought a few hundred rounds) but I'm going to buy a few tins of it online. It's cheaper.

They are fun, I have two, wood grips on one.
    My local store has those rounds, but try gun-deals.com for better prices.

And yes, the mag release is on the bottom of the grip.
    I just got a modern holster for it. My first one was a paddle, I don't care for paddle holsters, but did not know that till too late to return. If anyone is interested, let me know.

I've found the mag springs may be weak, as I have a fail to feed every now and again, but just need to rack the slide, no jam.
    I've also found I have fewer problems with S&B rounds.

I don't reload, so I don't bother picking up the brass.
    Attached Images

Links