Defensive Carry banner

The Glock compact vs sub compact size comparison thread

12K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ExactlyMyPoint 
#1 ·
Seems the forum almost demands these pics. Way too many threads revolve around the choice of the compact vs sub-compact Glocks as a choice for carry these days. Here are some pics to help those on the edge decide. The actual difference in the length of the grip with stock magazines is only 3/4" for the G19/26 or G23/27. Virtually no difference if one has the finger groove +1 extension on the subs. Last pic is one that says I love my Glocks.........you can actually see the heart!
G27 on top of G19

By the way....anyone can tell both of these Glocks do not have a loaded chamber just by looking. The triggers are in the rearward position. The way I store all of my unloaded Glocks whether they have a full magazine inserted or not.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think you did everyone a great service by posting these pics. May not solve the internal strife on "Crap...should I buy the 26 or 19..." because they are both pretty awesome in their own right and it's human nature to try and justify our purchases. I guess another couple points that could be considered are 19=slightly more weight due to increased ammo capacity, and length of the barrel if carried IWB or in the pocket. My solution to this debate is always the same....buy them both!!! Thanks for the visual comparison....much needed!

#3 ·
Nice pics...great visual comparisons. I would not make my decision based upon a few more shots, but rather the ease of concealment...I'd stick with my G-26.
I also wouldn't buy the G-26 and add an extension...if that's what I'd want, I might as well just get the G-19...OMO

Good post.

Stay armed...stay safe!

#5 ·
Ya, those pictures are nice, but I think you should bring them both by personally, with ammo, and let me take them to the range and shoot them. Then add a provision to this bailout debacle so I can purchase 50 of them. But I digress.

I tried the pinkie extender. By doing that, the grip is now the same length...but you have a shorter barrel. Why would someone do that? Sort of defeats the purpose for concealment purposes.

I have both...in several calibers...and have practiced carrying them both. The G26 conceals much better on me (I am a short guy). But you don't know until you do an actual comparison. Thank you MTAC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.