Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine - Page 2

Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine

This is a discussion on Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by mr surveyor Well, even after reading the horror stories (there's always a few on the gun sites) on the Beretta forum about ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    Well, even after reading the horror stories (there's always a few on the gun sites) on the Beretta forum about the plastic buffer disintegrating, I couldn't resist buying it. After leaving the gun shop this afternoon , the CX4 had to make a quick trip around the corner to the range for a test run.

Now, which optics....accessories.....

I'm in love

surv
    I have the bushnel holosight, works great!!!

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I was thinking the holosight... do you co-witness the iron sights through it, or just fold them away and forget them?

How do you like the holosight in low light or near dark conditions?

surv

I like to know the launch speed of a .45 cal. 230 gr. JHP.

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    I was thinking the holosight... do you co-witness the iron sights through it, or just fold them away and forget them?

How do you like the holosight in low light or near dark conditions?

surv
    With the holosight you have to give up on the iron sights, there are several red dots out their that allow you to co-witness. So far no problems with light or dark conditions, the newer ones have a better setup in regards to a memory where the graticle appears at the last intensity used.

I love my 40 cal with folding vertical grip and eotech site. very accurate. Just bought a 9mm last week. Cheaper to shoot and I couldn't pass up the deal. LNIB for $375. I would buy 10 more at that price. These are my all around favorite gun to shoot. I was just looking at Double tap at their 200 gr. rounds for woods, camping gun. As mentioned at top. Would the added length of barrel cause greater velocity or would it slow down at 16 inches and cause decrease. My guess is increased velocity, becuse I was shootng my 40 at 100 yds with about a 4-6 inch elevation on my sites. I don't think a pistol would do that. What do you guys and gals think?
    Glock 32 (357 sig)

I was plinking rocks with my .40cal at 100yards with no drop, basically point of aim was point of impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    I was plinking rocks with my .40cal at 100yards with no drop, basically point of aim was point of impact.
    I can do that too with my 9mm CX4. The question is then, at what distance did you have it zero'd? .40 S&W shoots flat, but not 100 yards flat.

Let's see, .40 S&W ball at 1100 fps with a sight height of 2" above bore will net you point blank ranges of 12 and 100 yards. In other words, you will have POA = POI at both of those distances if sighted in at 15 yard. The highest point of the trajectory will be about 3.5" high at 60 yards.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    cool...now what are the equivalent numbers for the 9mm

surv

Okay, a 115 gr. ball round at 1200 fps sighted in at 13 years will have the same POA/POI at 100 yards with a Storm. The highest point in the trajectory will be at about 60 yards and be about 3.4" above POA.

Of course, this is all subject to change given differences in parameters (weight, velocity, change of sight height due to using higher optics, etc)
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    I can do that too with my 9mm CX4. The question is then, at what distance did you have it zero'd? .40 S&W shoots flat, but not 100 yards flat.

Let's see, .40 S&W ball at 1100 fps with a sight height of 2" above bore will net you point blank ranges of 12 and 100 yards. In other words, you will have POA = POI at both of those distances if sighted in at 15 yard. The highest point of the trajectory will be about 3.5" high at 60 yards.
    I sighted mine in at 25 yards

big slow holes

I have the .45 ACP (same as all my pistols) I think its a very nice carbine and has taken the place of my 6520 as my "trunk gun" (for when a range shows up during my travels)

I will send it out some day to have the trigger worked on, after shooting HP you get used to a smooooth trigger and don't want anything else.

Jim
    Stand up for what's right..... Even if you stand alone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links