Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine

This is a discussion on Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone here own a Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine? If so, how do you like it? surv...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar

Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine

Anyone here own a Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine? If so, how do you like it?

surv

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have had a 9mm version since January 2007. I like it and really enjoy shooting it. You can take a look at my original thread about mine. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...t-added-2.html
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I've also got one in 9mm. 2,000+ rounds through it, not a single hiccup.
    Only bad thing about it is the trigger. You can work it to make it manageable though.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I love mine, it's in .40cal, stunningly accurate and great with a vertical foregrip and holosight.

Haven't had a chance to chrono rounds through it to see what differance the longer barrel makes. I put a longer heavier barrel on mine to alter it's legal status from Restricted to non-restricted, also benifits up here that you can have 10 rds in it. (Canadian laws)

The gun is easy to disassemble and clean, but follow the instructions!

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I have had mine since 2004 when my department sent me to the factory armorers course. It is in 9mm to match my 92F. I love it. It is a very good match for my 92F for HD.

Administrator
    I hate the way they look, but love the way it handles and shoots. I'd buy it again.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thanks Guys. I appreciate the first hand accounts. I don't really know why I want this thing, unless it's from kicking myself for trading off my KelTec Sub2000 a few years ago. And, considering the impotence of 9mm, even through a 16+" barrel, I don't know what good it is other than a house gun, or a fun gun.

surv

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    It comes in 9mm, .40cal or .45acp

Now if it came in 357Sig or 7.62x25 you could have lot's of fun!!!

Not to mention a .22cal subcalibre kit

I didn't mention that the one I'm looking at is a slightly used 9mm, with lots of "extras". I had originally considered the .45 cal, then decided I really wanted the .40, but this particular one happens to be available in a good package deal

surv

I personally like the way it looks, and have a .40 caliber hand gun, = much ammo, I'm leaning toward getting one eventually.

I have about 30K though mine and wore out one extractor (old style-which wasn't designed so good) and replaced one recoil spring. I think it is a fine shooting gun. Mine is in 9mm.

I reversed what controls I could for it to more closely match my AR15. No, it doesn't match exactly, but you can reverse everything but the bolt release, which is cool.

I found that the peep sight was WAY TOO SMALL. The large peep was the same diameter as the small peep on my AR15 and the small peep was positively impossible to use in low light. So I drilled out the small peep with a 1/8" bit and am quite pleased now.

The regular pistol mags and the Beretta 20 rounders work great. The after market 30 round mags are fine for the range, but not stunning performers and if you drop a loaded after market 30 rounder, you can count on many of the rounds flying free and the others tilting in a manner that renders the mag useless until the errant rounds are downloaded and reloaded.

Aside from the peep, my biggest complaint is that the rubber on the cheekpiece has a seam where it meets with the frame and during firing, the two flex such that the seam opens. If you have beard or mustache hair, it can be trapped in the seam and subsequently yanked...which is not pleasant.

No matter how hard you try, the barrel never seems to come totally clean. I don't even try that hard anymore. I do a reasonable brushing, wipe, bore foam, wipe, brushing again, and wipe and that is it. I can still get dirt out of it again if I brush it anew. So fearing over cleaning, I stop with my set procedure.

Accuracy is fine. Here is me unintentionally shooting a smiley face at 100 yards. Yeah, it was a fluke, but you can get some idea of the accuracy. Once I figured out where things were going to hit with the first shot (which was low), it grouped well (for me) with the peep sight.

YouTube - Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm at 100 yards - Smiley Face
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

I love mine in .40S&W. It is my favorite gun but all comments thus far have been correct. It has little to no use but home defense and fun. The barrel, as DNS said, will never come 100% clean and I, as he does, don't even try any longer. It is one of my favorites though and I've not shot it in a month or two but it will be seeing some range time this Saturday.
    "I play for keeps."

I like mine,but I do not shoot it much as I got it for
    a SHTF gun to grab and go ,
    its light and will give you more accurateness than a hand gun
    mine is in .45 cal
    I put a low power scope that does not use batteries because
    it is a SHTF gun and I may not be able to locate them if they
    run out of power.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Well, even after reading the horror stories (there's always a few on the gun sites) on the Beretta forum about the plastic buffer disintegrating, I couldn't resist buying it. After leaving the gun shop this afternoon , the CX4 had to make a quick trip around the corner to the range for a test run.

Now, which optics....accessories.....

I'm in love

surv

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    I'm in love
    They're kinda like an ugly woman that cooks really good food. They're hard not to love once you give them a try.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links